underage teens drink alcohol

stitch78

My point was is that if Carnival says their policy is 21 and over, why would that matter if a parent gave permission? At the nightclub on board a security guard was checking ID's - not sign and sail cards, but an drivers licenses (or other form of ID with photo and birthday). The policy doesn't say "21 and over to drink except with parental permission"

And I"m not mad at carnival for any reason. I'm posting this just as a warning to other parents who have kids who may be cruising or who will go off on their own that the age limit seems really relaxed about drinking. This has nothing to do with me. I have no kids.

Now that I think about it, should we really believe her story about getting to the airport by 8:30? She said in another thread:

"I changed my flight and ended up at the airport at 8:30 AM... mind you I changed the flight from a Miami flight to a Ft. Lauderdale flight and got to Ft. Lauderdale airport at 8:30 Am...taking Carnival shuttles , too. So we spent extra money for absolutely no reason. We were outside the cruise terminal by 7:30 - one of the first few off the ship."

Why would someone who had an afternoon flight been one of the first few off the ship? I think she posted that she was there by 8:30 just because she wants us to think it was bad advice. :rolleyes:

We went first off the ship because we wanted to carry our own luggage. My problem was with people saying I should have changed my flight in the first place. They acted like there was not even the possibility of getting off the ship early. Everyone said with certainty there was no possible way to be off the ship before 8. What peopel should have said was "you can use self debarkation to get off the ship before 8AM. Most of the time you will get off early , on occassion there may be a problem immigartion which may delay debarkation". or something of that sort, because that's what I would tell people.

stitch!!!!!

did you come back to apologize, you sly thang :rolleyes:

Apologize for what?

I wrote this post to warn parents with teenagers that despite a policy some people won't care and server underage people alcohol. I thought I was doing parents a favor by doing this to let them know.

I don't know why everyone thinks I'm out to get Carnival because I'm not. I have no problems with them, had no problems on our cruise whatsoever.

We went first off the ship because we wanted to carry our own luggage. My problem was with people saying I should have changed my flight in the first place. They acted like there was not even the possibility of getting off the ship early. Everyone said with certainty there was no possible way to be off the ship before 8.

I went back and read the original thread. Yes, we told you to change the flight. No one said there was no possible way you would be off the ship before 8. What we told you was that there was a high possibility that there could be delays, problems with customs, etc. which would result in you not getting off the ship in time for your 9:30 flight.

Instead of being irritated at us for giving you our OPINIONS, which by the way you asked for, why not be glad that you had a nice cruise and got home without problems or delays?

What peopel should have said was "you can use self debarkation to get off the ship before 8AM. Most of the time you will get off early , on occassion there may be a problem immigartion which may delay debarkation".

You mean like this:

You would definitely have to do self assist... that is carrying everything, standing in lines with everything, going down stairs, etc.

And this:

She has to leave the terminal by 8 and have no problems between there and checkin. Yes, it CAN be done, but it is not a very high probability.

Several of us mentioned self-assist debarkation in that thread.

I don't know why everyone thinks I'm out to get Carnival because I'm not. I have no problems with them, had no problems on our cruise whatsoever.

No, it's only us meanies here at CC that you seem to have problems with. ;)

It seems you upset the stalker monkey cruise cult. Doncha just hate it when that happens? Anyway, don't allow them to transfer ownership of their problems to you.

What will be interesting to see is how Carnival will react. You can expect from the previous postings that Carnival employees will rush to spin a version of the story reflecting their opinion. Perhaps we will read a full denial. For those interested I respectfully urge you to go back and read the previous postings and bookmark in your mind which of the participants thusfar are employees of Carnival.

HUh?? You mean I might work for Carnival and not even know it???? Holy cow!!!

This post has me stumped......now where was I? Oh yea.....Im bringing cake to the funnel deck someone save me a seat please!!

HUh?? You mean I might work for Carnival and not even know it???? Holy cow!!!

This post has me stumped......now where was I? Oh yea.....Im bringing cake to the funnel deck someone save me a seat please!!

Wouldn't that be a FUNNEL CAKE???!!!???

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Oh wait - I guess it wasn't that dang funny, was it? Long night last night - kinda punch drunk. Sorry! :o

Apologize for what?

I wrote this post to warn parents with teenagers that despite a policy some people won't care and server underage people alcohol. I thought I was doing parents a favor by doing this to let them know.

All of the 20 something people came out of the woodwork, they are pretty pissed off right about now.

Wouldn't that be a FUNNEL CAKE???!!!???

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Oh wait - I guess it wasn't that dang funny, was it? Long night last night - kinda punch drunk. Sorry! :o

hahahah I had the same kind of long night......not sure its punch that got me drunk tho so I thought it was very funny!!! :D

Problematic to this discussion is Carnival's selective or non-enforcement of its own stated rules. It does not matter if the parents wish to allow underage drinking under their supervision or not. Carnival is not allowed to serve the underage drinkers irrespective of who pays for the booze.

Carnival's problem is far greater than this one topic of non-enforcement of their rules. Carnival has become a potentially dangerous carrier on the seas by failing to enforce many of their rules. There are fire hazards. Smoking in the diningrooms is not permitted not because the passengers deserve a smoke-free environment to enjoy their dinner. Rather, the smoke-free requirement relates to fire safety. The large dining facilities have limited egress should a fire occur. This said Carnival has been known not to enforce its non-smoking rules, including those created for fire safety reasons.

Can a U.S. landbased travel agent sell a Carnival package departing from many or any U.S. port knowing that the cruise line by not enforcing its stated rules would be endangering potential passengers or violating regulations of laws associated with the sale or expected conduct of Carnival? There are large agencies in the inductry looking at this very question.

The two Carnival shills posting on this message board thread are not going to influence the outcome of industry investigations by posting here without overtly identifying themselves. :D

:rolleyes:

Problematic to this discussion is Carnival's selective or non-enforcement of its own stated rules. It does not matter if the parents wish to allow underage drinking under their supervision or not. Carnival is not allowed to serve the underage drinkers irrespective of who pays for the booze.

Carnival's problem is far greater than this one topic of non-enforcement of their rules. Carnival has become a potentially dangerous carrier on the seas by failing to enforce many of their rules. There are fire hazards. Smoking in the diningrooms is not permitted not because the passengers deserve a smoke-free environment to enjoy their dinner. Rather, the smoke-free requirement relates to fire safety. The large dining facilities have limited egress should a fire occur. This said Carnival has been known not to enforce its non-smoking rules, including those created for fire safety reasons.

Can a U.S. landbased travel agent sell a Carnival package departing from many or any U.S. port knowing that the cruise line by not enforcing its stated rules would be endangering potential passengers or violating regulations of laws associated with the sale or expected conduct of Carnival? There are large agencies in the inductry looking at this very question.

The two Carnival shills posting on this message board thread are not going to influence the outcome of industry investigations by posting here without overtly identifying themselves. :D

Can one be so paranoid that they really believe anyone saying something positive about Carnival is really an employee? I have my doubts here, and stirring up the pot for fun is not one of my personal favorite things to see on these boards... Or perhaps you're just sitting there laughing your arse off at this whole drama you've continued?

Either way, I will post my observations about Carnival and their drinking policy. I have never seen a carnival employee knowingly serve a minor alcohol, and have seen them refuse to sell it many times. It may happen, but it is not exclusive to Carnival, in fact I have seen bartenders bend the rules on other lines, but not on Carnival.

Could someone pass some popcorn?? :p I'm out, but I do have some Fun Ship Drinks to offer for the party....

I'll trade you a drink for some popcorn... sometimes this board is better drama than the movies! And certainly much cheaper... :p

I would think anyone here would welcome any investigation that leads to greater safety.

Is it your insinuation that all of the other cruiselines conduct business differently, meaning that they adhere to all the rules?

Attention all cruiseline shills: Identify yourselves at once!

Oh wait a minute...we already did that.

We witnessed several teeangers drinking shots and alcoholic beverages during our cruise. At dinner with their parents at another dinner table (they did not care about them drinking). Although the drinking age is supposedly 21 the lady did not card them at all. They were sitting a tthe table next to us and we were watching the whole time. And yes they were clearly teenagers - you can especially tell based on how guys in the bunch look or the fact they yell out "class of 2006". I though one of the guys could have been as young as 15! They were drinking up a storm on the ports, but I think the age is 18 at the ports.

I guess some parents really don't care that their kids drink but I know most parents wouldn't tolerate it.

I am coming in late but here are my 2 cents.

There is a condition which I call Preacher's Kid Syndrome. I had a good friend that was never allowed out out the house except at certain times and whenever the chruch doors were open. After high school he moved out to get away. He married and this didn't last long. I later heard he had gone wild. You can't keep kids captive without a price.

Kids see the parents drink and they are told "no". The reasons don't matter to the kid. This only makes alcohol "forbidden fruit". Left to their own inginuity they will find a source. If you think the law stops the convenience store clerk from making extra money, think again.

Having said all this, I feel it is better to allow limited drinking. This is certainly better than driving your kids away.

On our last family cruise w/5 kids, I accidently ended up with my daughters S&S card.. was at the bar ordered a funship special and couldnt get it... i was "underage" lmao; found daugher exchanged cards and all was well in the cruise world. Have never had them serve my children alcoholic beverages. YES I have shared my funship special with my children, allowed a taste and did in fact allow my daughter a glass of wine at dinner. Yes I care if they drink, but I also respect that they are growing up and will allow them to try a wine at dinner with me. No i dont buy them kegs of beer and bottles of liquor at will - but one time a year at a formal dinner is okay for me and mine. :)

[QUOTE] The two Carnival shills posting on this message board thread are not going to influence the outcome of industry investigations by posting here without overtly identifying themselves. :D[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm........2 moles!!! Who are they??
Wenn? BUCKET!!?? ahh ha MOM!!!!?? ooooohhhh maybe Tator!!!

Pholter....Ill trade ya some funnel cake for a drink of the day!!

Archived