Baja 750 beam pictures

LVScooby

MNYTRPS2GO2- If your husband needs a knee replacement, why take an aft cabin? We were midship and loved our location. The ship is big, and having to walk the long distance to and from the aft cabin may be more of a problem than it's worth.

Thanks for your concern. He really likes the aft cabin and and spends a lot of time on the balcony. He is also very stubborn. He is only 53 so the doctors aren't pushing the surgery yet. We usually aren't in a hurry so we take our time and get to where we need to be.

If there was an emergency he would have no problem getting down the stairs and he would not be an obstacle to others. For the Muster Drill we do take the elevator to our Muster Station to save the physical stress of the stairs. We make sure we know the exact route we will take in case of a real emergency...

Thanks LVScooby for posting the infamous pic of the beamed balcony. We are booked in B751 and will not let the beam bother us in the least bit. In fact, very gald to have an aft balcony. Guess that is why I got it, because the beam bothers many. I'd rather have a balcony in the stern with a wake view then one on the side. Thanks again LVScooby! Cannot wait for this cruise on Sept. 30th.

I recall seeing a past thread that talked about the Baja deck Aft BB cabins and the beam 'obstruction'. A quick search on the board turned up this summary which looks correct based on the deck plans and photos I have seen of the back of the Caribbean Princess:

AFT CB Balcony choices from Baja Deck: B748, 750, 752, 754, 756 or 757...

This ...is what I know about each one so far:

B748: no beam, last cabin to the side, aft, no beam obstruction.

B750: beam obstruction, possibly a larger balcony that make the beam not much of a hinderance.

B752: beam obstruction

B754: no beam obstruction

B756: no beam, but next door to a large A/C unit that puts of a bit of noise and wind.

B757: same as B756 .....

So, hope that helps you a bit. For our upcoming cruise, we chose B 748 as I did not want any beam obstruction and I liked the small side wraparound offering slightly more view and no cabin neighbors to that side.

Enjoy your cruise!

Don and Marie,

Thanks for the info... Yes, my name is a fresh one... That is why we ended up with the beam balcony. Will be very disappointed if I don't get this beam balcony... Princess could upgrade me to a mini-suite... now that would be nice but I really want the beam balcony because I am going to paste decorations on it... Have a good one.

Tim

B750: beam obstruction, possibly a larger balcony that make the beam not much of a hinderance.

B756: no beam, but next door to a large A/C unit that puts of a bit of noise and wind.

Thank you so much for this info. We're sailing on the Crown next May for our 20th Anniversary and decided to try an aft balcony, instead of our normal mid-ship balcony. We booked B756. After reading your description, I contacted our TA and switched (to C753). I'm sure the A/C unit is not really a big deal, but since there are still other aft balconies available, it made sense to me to make the switch. Thanks again.

We had C752 on Caribbean Princess last year and loved it! I would definitely choose this cabin over B756. For our upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise, we have B748 which is apparently the same as C752/753 but one deck higher and a regular balcony room next door instead of the suites which are beside C752/753. I think this makes C752/753 a better option over B748 as we had zero noise coming from the next door suite since their cabin and balcony were so large....

Enjoy your cruise!

wow how i wish i had know this about my aft balcony when i booked last year. I am in b756 leaving this sunday.. hope the noise isn't so bad. do you only hear the noise while out on the balconyor do you also hear it while in the room. My mother will kill me if the noise is loud in the room. she has problems sleeping to begin with:eek:.should i get her ear plugs:D

According to my notes on the Caribbean Princess (Crown is identical probably) the four cabins with beams are. B750, B752, B753, B751. It's not on ALL of the aft balconies, so don't go overboard worrying about it.

I am in an aft VS on the Dolphin on Crown. This was a big $$$ cabin. I would be furiuos of there is a beam right smack in the middle of my 10x18 balcony!!!:eek:

If there is I will post photos when I return for sure.

• 1 month later...
I recall seeing a past thread that talked about the Baja deck Aft BB cabins and the beam 'obstruction'. A quick search on the board turned up this summary which looks correct based on the deck plans and photos I have seen of the back of the Caribbean Princess:

AFT CB Balcony choices from Baja Deck: B748, 750, 752, 754, 756 or 757...

This ...is what I know about each one so far:

So, hope that helps you a bit. For our upcoming cruise, we chose B 748 as I did not want any beam obstruction and I liked the small side wraparound offering slightly more view and no cabin neighbors to that side.

Enjoy your cruise!

How about C751 on CB? It is an aft suite. I'm thinking now that it may have the beam obstruction; didn't know about that when we booked. We were on Golden in an aft suite on Dolphin deck and didn't have any issues, so I didn't think about it on this ship or deck. Poor planning on my part possibly. If you want the absolute BEST aft deck, you'll want to look at HAL Zuiderdam, a corner aft suite. You have a back deck AND it also wraps around the side. You could have a party of 50 people out there! AWESOME, for the lowest class suite.

We were in C752 last year and the balcony of the suite C750 next door definitely had the beam to the right side of their balcony looking aft. I assume those staying in the aft suites on the Grand Class Princess ships (Crown, Caribbean, Golden, Grand, Diamond, Princess, Star) do not mind or notice this beam since their balconies are 2-3 x as wide as the other aft BB balconies....

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks! I guess we'll just work around the beam. The photos I saw must have been a standard balcony room/balcony with the beam, not suite, because the balcony looked fairly small and the beam took up almost the entire balcony. Could have just been an odd angle of the camera/photo though.

• 5 weeks later...

We just got off the Crown and stayed in B748 which was wonderful. B750 was next door. Beware that your voice will carry if you stand next to the beam and yell back and force into the cabin or use your cellphone.We heard more than we needed from the 2 women next door.At least they went to sleep early.I would hate to see their cellphone bills...

I suppose some cabins are more obstructed than others...

If you think a beam in the middle of a balcony for a week is bad, try living in a 120 square feet crew cabin with a shipmate and a 10" steel column in the middle of the floor between the bunk beds. :eek: :D

• 4 years later...

Hello Fixers...

Wow, I am surprised after this many years this post is still open. Which cabin did you book? We were in B751 (opposite of B750) a few years back and I did get some pictures if you are interested.

The beam was in the way but we got used to it. Didn't bother us too much at all...It was just great being on the cruise.

Brian.

Archived