Snorkeling

suezyq50

At Coco Cay, snorkeling is right off the beach. Right after you pick up you equipment, they give you some instructions and point out the best locations. I would also recommend the earlier you get there the better. I have found there is less to see as the day goes on. Maybe the fish go farther out. I have seen sting ray in the area. The coral is beatiful.

Don't forget the sunscreen to the back and shoulders. We are still peeling!!!

New Cruiser need help please. We are going to the Bahamas in July - my kids want to go snorkeling...we can do this either at Coco Cay or in Naussau...recommendations???

Coco Cay states available at your leisure - is the snorkeling right off the beach?

The other option we re looking at is Rainbow reef snorkeling.

Thanks in advance for the advise!

Lisa

The main difference would be that Coco Cay you snorkel off the beach, while Rainbow Reef, you snorkel off a boat. Check with the kids about how they feel about being in deeper water with no beach nearby.

Some are ok..others may take some getting used to the idea.

Either have pretty good snorkeling.

In either case, I suggest you bring your own snorkel and mask (and just get flippers), since the childrens /womens masks are usually ill-fitting, which makes snorkeling a chore.

Sam's Club, Rite aid etc.. all sell sets for under $10

The main difference would be that Coco Cay you snorkel off the beach, while Rainbow Reef, you snorkel off a boat. Check with the kids about how they feel about being in deeper water with no beach nearby.

Some are ok..others may take some getting used to the idea.

Either have pretty good snorkeling.

In either case, I suggest you bring your own snorkel and mask (and just get flippers), since the childrens /womens masks are usually ill-fitting, which makes snorkeling a chore.

Sam's Club, Rite aid etc.. all sell sets for under $10

So if I just bring my own Snorkeling gear then I don't have to pay anything to snorkel at Coco Cay?

So if I just bring my own Snorkeling gear then I don't have to pay anything to snorkel at Coco Cay?

I don't know.. it might be sectioned off.

Hopefully someone else can answer this question.

I do know that you need a vest to snorkel any of the reefs.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived