What can you tell me aobut Legend of the Seas?

You are quite right also,I have only been quoted a cruise only price.I wonder if we could book our own flight to Barcelona & return from Santo Domingo with RCL.Have you heard of split air travel arrangements?

I have always lived south of the river so Nuthall is foreign territory for me.Glad you are settled in the country,I would miss being far away from town.

How is Skeggy these days,we haven't been there for years?

Hi James..nice to see you here on the Legend thread. Glad you liked your cruise. Quite a shock getting back to reality. I like that Captain Nik told you about his sister and come for a coffee?? Maade me laugh...last year it was he and his girlfriend..and their Villa on the hill. If ever we got there...just let ourselves in and make ourselves a drink. Trouble is..I can't remember where he said it was. He joked about owning the big house overlooking the harbour in Villefranche. Quite a Joly fellow. I really liked him. all the Best, Carol

HI ROBIN HOOD.. the Uk Chat site is "Ship happens" http://www.chat-page.com/ship/1/version2.html ......ahould get you onto the green pre discussion page. Click on yellow..and that page had a lot about Legend..(cruise reviews and comments.) you can go to the archived messages..and in the last 3 weeks there was a huge amount on Legend. Including live reports from James. If you click on the home page...you will find a just reviews section. scroll down to RC and find Legend..there will be lots of reviews on her. If you have problems..just let me know. regards, carol

You are quite right also,I have only been quoted a cruise only price.I wonder if we could book our own flight to Barcelona & return from Santo Domingo with RCL.Have you heard of split air travel arrangements?

I have always lived south of the river so Nuthall is foreign territory for me.Glad you are settled in the country,I would miss being far away from town.

How is Skeggy these days,we haven't been there for years?

No I haven't heard of split air arrangements, thats not to say they will not do it though(at a price!!) as we normally cruise from the UK to Florida and vice versa we really haven't looked into it. Let us know how you get on.

Lived in Anwick now for nearly nearly 3 years(albeit only summer months) have only been to Skeggy once, doesn't have quite the same appeal as Florida!!!

John.

Hi Carol

looks like we're just across the ship from you as I just saw the post from James and his reply re cabin 7560

I've just booked 7060 for my wife and I and the kids - 23,27,& 29 are on deck 6

looking forward to seeing John's photos

I wondered about the noise from the Atrium but decided it wasn't likely to be a problem by the time we get to bed

I am fairly new to this as only previous cruise is on Golden this May

Great ports of call through the eastern Med & greek Isles from Venice to Kusadasi and back to Rome

See you on board,

Derek

Liverpool

Hi Carol

looks like we're just across the ship from you as I just saw the post from James and his reply re cabin 7560

I've just booked 7060 for my wife and I and the kids - 23,27,& 29 are on deck 6

looking forward to seeing John's photos

I wondered about the noise from the Atrium but decided it wasn't likely to be a problem by the time we get to bed

I am fairly new to this as only previous cruise is on Golden this May

Great ports of call through the eastern Med & greek Isles from Venice to Kusadasi and back to Rome

See you on board,

Derek

Liverpool

Derek,

We have stayed in 7060 before and to be honest we didn't get a problem noise wise from the Atrium or the card room, think you have made a good choice. Enjoy the Cruise, we will be on it in Oct for the transatlantic crossing.

John.

Derek,

We have stayed in 7060 before and to be honest we didn't get a problem noise wise from the Atrium or the card room, think you have made a good choice. Enjoy the Cruise, we will be on it in Oct for the transatlantic crossing.

John.

Hi John...we have booked several weeks ago on the same cruise as Derek..opposite side cabin 7560..next to the library. We were on legend last summer...our first cruise...and in 5 weeks will be sailing on her for the 2x..both on deck 3 port side. A Lovely cabin... we really enjoyed. However, I am really excited to have a balcony next year..but couldn't decide whether to stick with the port side... or switch to starboard.. We Went with starboard in the end.. as I had been in the library and liked the location. It is quite funny that we should now meet Derek.. and he has the other cabin. My main concern.is that they are light and bright. How did you find cabin 7060? All the Best, Carol

Hi John...we have booked several weeks ago on the same cruise as Derek..opposite side cabin 7560..next to the library. We were on legend last summer...our first cruise...and in 5 weeks will be sailing on her for the 2x..both on deck 3 port side. A Lovely cabin... we really enjoyed. However, I am really excited to have a balcony next year..but couldn't decide whether to stick with the port side... or switch to starboard.. We Went with starboard in the end.. as I had been in the library and liked the location. It is quite funny that we should now meet Derek.. and he has the other cabin. My main concern.is that they are light and bright. How did you find cabin 7060? All the Best, Carol

Hi Carol, We enjoyed it very much, went there as we couldn't get an aft cabin but weren't disappointed. Cabins were a little dated but now they have the new beds and bedding on board think it will make it better. Enjoy it next month, will be interested to see what you think.

John.

Hi Carol, We enjoyed it very much, went there as we couldn't get an aft cabin but weren't disappointed. Cabins were a little dated but now they have the new beds and bedding on board think it will make it better. Enjoy it next month, will be interested to see what you think.

John.

Thanks John so much for the reply. Your description..A bit outdated.. is basically the same way James found the cabins...who posted above. He returned on June 24th...and was in 7548 I believe. Actually we are booked next year..August 11th 2007 for cabin 7560..sailing out of Rome. Third time on Legend..but the itinery is fantastic. All through italy!

This year..August 5th..will be our second legend cruise...we are in cabin 3038....midship on deck 3.. My daughters and boyfriends..are in 3032/3034. Last year we booked as a guarantee....our first RC cruise..and were put in cabin 3024...It actually was in quite good repair last year...and bigger than we expected. We also enjoyed the location. However, the ship had been in drydock a couple months before. Balconies for this years' cruise..are over £2000..way beyond our budget. Cabin 7560 out of rome next year...is £1449...despite it being 12 days..instead of 14..that is a very good price..so we are over the moon. It is bound to be as good as a deck 3 cabin. It is 50% bigger for a start..and has a Balcony.....Which I will be absolutely thrilled with. Thank you again... All the best, Carol

Carol thank you for all your great information! You mentioned an area just below the rock climbing wall A great tip..Just below the rock climbing wall... is a small private deck area for sunbathing with the best cushioned deck chairs onboard. I don't tend to sit much. But this was a prime location. with views upwards to the rock wall..and outwards to the ships wake. It is Also accessible from inside the ship. Just pass thru the solarium area towards the bar at the rear...then through the spa treatment area.. and out the rear doors...onto the deck. Just wondering how you got out there- through the gym spa area?

Thanks for all the information on Legend everyone! Gabrielle:rolleyes:

Someone posted that they thought a concierge lounge was added to the legend - perhaps someone who has been on the legend recently can answer that question.

It seems a shame that you would book a suite on one ship and get the service and book the same suite on another ship and not get it.

Thanks.

Someone posted that they thought a concierge lounge was added to the legend - perhaps someone who has been on the legend recently can answer that question.

It seems a shame that you would book a suite on one ship and get the service and book the same suite on another ship and not get it.

Thanks.

Afraid not, there is no Concierge lounge on the Legend.

Carol thank you for all your great information! You mentioned an area just below the rock climbing wall A great tip..Just below the rock climbing wall... is a small private deck area for sunbathing with the best cushioned deck chairs onboard. I don't tend to sit much. But this was a prime location. with views upwards to the rock wall..and outwards to the ships wake. It is Also accessible from inside the ship. Just pass thru the solarium area towards the bar at the rear...then through the spa treatment area.. and out the rear doors...onto the deck. Just wondering how you got out there- through the gym spa area?

Thanks for all the information on Legend everyone! Gabrielle:rolleyes:

Hi Gabrielle....From the outside...just walk along deck10 to the aft where th legend of the links/ mini golf are located...and the rock wall. From the rock wall area...you look out to the back of the ship..and look down on this little deck area. There are a small set of stairs that lead down to it.

From deck 9...head to the solarium...walk past the pool and the bar and into the corridor that leads to the hairdresser and spa area. The gym is to the side. A waiting area with seats is in front......with doors leading out to a deck.That small deck..is the spot. Very comfortable seats and very nice view.

Hope this helps...Regards, carol

Archived