Breakfast & Lunch - Windjammers or DR?

Which one has the best food/selections for these two meals?

Is it worth leaving the Lido and getting dressed for lunch? Or do they basically do the same offerings? Where is the best coffee?

And, is there a made to order omelette station anywhere?

The ship's dining room should be open for lunch on all sea days. At port, for the most part, they stay closed. The breakfast menu in the dining room is always the same. You can get omelettes in both the dining room and the Windjammer. The lunch menu --I think -- changes daily or they have a different special every day. I just can't remember:confused:

We don't enjoy eating in the buffet area. We like the dining room. We have been known, however, to check out the dining room menu and then go to the windjammer if we don't see anything to our liking.

I think you will find the food in the windjammer adequate. The dining room has stronger rules regarding dress during the day than the buffet (you shouldn't see people in bathing suits or coverups in the DR.) We just like the dining room. Less rushed and definitely not as crowded.

--Judy

Windjammer tends to have same breakfast offerings every day. It's great if you are traveling with someone who loves the sausage or bacon (we all know the type who fill their plate with just breakfast meats :) ). But it can get dull if you eat at Windjammer every day.

Dining Room also has same menu every day with a "special" (not the same items that you'll find in Windjammer)... if you like your waffles HOT (windjammer pancakes and waffles are lukewarm at best) this is your best option.

They stop serving breakfast in the dining room fairly early - so what time you get up will also factor in to where you eat... try to mix it up through out your holiday.

We eat only two "real" meals every day - usually a late breakfast with very light snack by the pool in the afternoon and then dinner (early seating - travel with kids) in the dining room - otherwise we are just too full to enjoy the day's activities.

Be sure and try room service as well. You can have the "cookie of the day" plate delivered after the evening show or even pizza!

I like getting up, putting on some real clothes and having breakfast in the dining room. We use it as a way to talk about the day to come, what's past etc. We don't do dinner as a family on the ship so breakfast becomes our family meal. Lunch in the dining room on sea days? Probably one in the dining room and one in the Windjammer.

I like the hustle and bustle in the Windjammer in the early morning. I usually don't make the time during lunch to get the sunscreen cleaned off and something other than a bathing suit on and then try to get there during the times that they are open. It is also beautiful sitting in the Windjammer eating a relaxing lunch looking over that beautiful blue blue blue ocean.

There is an eggs to order station in the Windjammer where you can get omelets for breakfast as well as fried eggs etc. The breakfast menu is far more extensive in Windjammer than in the dining room and offers much more than bacon and sausage as breakfast meats. I normally don't like the scrambled eggs on a buffet, but more often than not, I have been happy with those I found in the Windjammer. Our last sojourn to the dining room was to get those freshly made waffles, but the service for the rest of the meal was excruciatingly slow and the table arrangement made it difficult to get up and out to the waffle station and made it difficult for the servers to attend to their guests. At lunch, the dining room menu is posted outside. Again, we have found that the Windjammer offers more variety and the carved meats are usually very good. Try both the dining room and the Windjammer and see which you prefer.

If you are a sun lover like me, you will hate to give up your prime lounge chair to get dressed and sit in the DR for lunch........You should try it out at least once though...for breakfast on the way off the ship for an excursion, or lunch on your way back on after and early excursion.....We met great people...it's open seating...they sit you and then fill the table!

Enjoy-all the food is good!

T

Another benefit to the dinning room over the Windjammer is that you are far less likely to overeat in the dinning room than in the Windjammer. In the dinning room you place your order and they bring you a serving .... in the Windjammer everything looks so good as you walk by that you just keep piling up your plate. :eek:

Archived