Which cruise to take?

jamnvick

I am planning the first cruise for our blended family for next summer. My husband and I have cruised before...RCCL's Majesty of the Seas, Disney Wonder 4-night and we are booked on Carnival's Miracle in October. We will be traveling with kids, aged 13, 11, 7, 7 and 2, as well as my mother. 2 weeks ago, Mom never had thoughts of leaving this time zone.....now, she's looking forward to swimming with dolphins. We will be booking 2 inside cabins, for cost sake. Here are the 4 trips we are considering:

NCL's Dawn 6-night in June 2007 from NYC. Ports are Nassau, private island and King's Wharf.

Carnival's Elation 5-night in August 2007. Ports are Grand Turk, Nassau and private island. We'd probably stay a few days before and try to get in the Orlando experience.

Carnival's Glory 7-night in August 2007. Ports are Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

Carnival's Liberty 8-night in August 2007. Ports are St. Thomas, San Juan, Antigua, Tortola and Nassau.

Does anyone out there have any input that may help us make our decision?

Is your youngest 2 now, or will he/she be two next summer?

I would only note that Carnival will allow a two year old in their camp (must be 2 on day of boarding, not "almost" 2), AND will change diapers. NCL allows 2 year olds in their camp, but they page you if a diaper change is required. Carnival has either a beeper or cellphone (depends on the ship) also, but they use it to contact you if your child is upset.

If you're child will be three, it doesn't really matter from a kid's club perspective. We've only sailed Carnival, but many families love NCL. Obviously, NCL has the free-style dining, but we've never had an issue with making the dining room at our time, and the waiters have gotten to know our kids and were really great with them! Both lines seem to be great for families!

That said, I'd always go for the longer cruise! ;) Also, Liberty is the newest ship in Carnival's fleet.

We live very near NY, and sailed out of there on a 5 night to Canada. It was a really great experience sailing out of NY Harbor, even for someone who has had occasion to be on a boat in the harbor numerous times before.

I don't think you have any bad choices! Whatever you choose, enjoy!!

Thanks for your input. DS will be 2 when we go. I am a little concerned with the NCL trip, since my stepson will be 1 month short of getting into the teen activities and I know they don't make any exceptions.

Archived