Favorite Carnival picture...

wercruzin

A couple of more

Elation (front) and Fascination docked in Cozumel April 2005

2ships.jpg

The Elation might be in front, but that is not the Fascination docked behind it. The second ship is a Destiny or Conquest class ship.

Is anyone else having trouble viewing these?:confused:

Could you provide the post number next time? Your post was # 77. I had to go through a lot of post looking for the one you are referring to. If you want to see the photos, click on the link.

Is anyone else having trouble viewing these?:confused:

It's not just you. I went back and found the post and tried every trick I know. Nothing worked. She does have a link at the bottom of her post to her photos at Webshots though.

Yup Kathy, they are for real. But relax, (to answer mac4cruise's question as well) they were taken from one of the other ships (can't for the life of me remember which one...duck would know) as they were being routed around Rita to, I believe, Galveston. Both had no PAX on board. Would have been one h*ll of a ride thought. ;) :D

From what ive heard the pics were taken from the sensation. The two ships were docked in New orleans after Katrina to house some of the workers there. Then were sent out to sea so they wouldnt be tied to a pier if Rita were to hit.

Yup Kathy, they are for real. But relax, (to answer mac4cruise's question as well) they were taken from one of the other ships (can't for the life of me remember which one...duck would know) as they were being routed around Rita to, I believe, Galveston. Both had no PAX on board. Would have been one h*ll of a ride thought. ;) :D

From what ive heard the pics were taken from the sensation. The two ships were docked in New orleans after Katrina to house some of the workers there. Then were sent out to sea so they wouldnt be tied to a pier if Rita were to hit.

As I understand it, Webshots has done something to prevent ubb linking, so the X shows up instead of the picture. If you want to see the picture, open up another browser. Do a right mouse click on the X and choose Properties, highlight and copy the entire url address, switch to the second browser and paste it in the address bar and click Go. If you did it right, the picture should show up. Good luck.

Thanks Bill! That worked for me too - now I just have to decide how bad I want to see those pictures. Maybe when I get back from my FANTASTIC cruise on Monday. Packing tonight.:D Leaving in the Morning for PC:D

p.s. - maybe next week you can help me get my own pictures out here. all of mine seem to be too big - even when I resize them it won't let me download. I guess I am photo challanged:o

The Elation might be in front, but that is not the Fascination docked behind it. The second ship is a Destiny or Conquest class ship.

Well, here is a picture of my wife standing on the dock between the 2 ships and the gangplank on the left does say Fascination. We were on Elation which is on the right.

gangplank.jpg

A couple of more

Elation (front) and Fascination docked in Cozumel April 2005

2ships.jpg

Take another look at that second ship. It has several rows of balconies. The Fascination is the same class as the Elation. The Fascination does not have several rows of balconies. I don't care what the gangplank says, that is not the Fascination (in this photo).

Well, here is a picture of my wife standing on the dock between the 2 ships and the gangplank on the left does say Fascination. We were on Elation which is on the right.

Here are some photos of the Fascination. You can read the word Fascination on the ship, so we know it is the Fascination. Take a look at the outside cabins. There are no balcony cabins on the Fascination (there are suites with balconies, but no cat 8 cabins on the Facination). Now look at the second ship in your original photo. It has many balcony cabins. The second ship in your photo is not the Fascination.

30898042DRXCCgcuuq_fs.jpg

2149112880075918025UBYqix_fs.jpg

348450638JeXMqJ_ph.jpg

Now look at the side of the Conquest ...

2074688430011676352MpUQSI_fs.jpg

or the Victory ...

455685283tEbRFU_fs.jpg

See the rows of balconies. The second ship in your original photo has rows of balconies just like the two ships pictured above. The second ship in your original photo is a Conquest or Destiny class ship. It is not the Fascination.

cuizer2 - I can't see any balconys in britishiles picture. Not the ship to the left or the ship to the right. Are you looking at someone else's picture?

Also the gangplank clearly states Fascination. Do ships use others gangplanks?

Oops my mistake I didn't see the picture from britishiles being used in the thread before you. Sorry. :( When I'm wrong I will say I am wrong.......lol

Guest LetMeGo

gangplank.jpg

The gangplank aside, looking at the ships in this picture it would be very easy to say these two look identical. You can't see any of the balconies or life boats which would be located just outside the picture.

Of course if the other picture is taken within half an hour of this one, it has to be a Conquest-class ship.

Is it possible that there were two different ships on that same pier that day?:D

cuizer2 - I can't see any balconys in britishiles picture. Not the ship to the left or the ship to the right. Are you looking at someone else's picture?

Also the gangplank clearly states Fascination. Do ships use others gangplanks?

Oops my mistake I didn't see the picture from britishiles being used in the thread before you. Sorry. :( When I'm wrong I will say I am wrong.......lol

1) I see my Webshots links are not working. I know how to get around that, but it is not worth it.

2) The photo I have been commenting on is the one in post 89. The ship furthest from the camera has at least four rows of balcony cabins.

I am not trying to be critical of anyone. It simply is not a Fantasy class ship. It is either a Conquest class ship or a Destiny class ship.

...p.s. - maybe next week you can help me get my own pictures out here. all of mine seem to be too big - even when I resize them it won't let me download. I guess I am photo challanged:o

I'll be happy to help out however I can. Have a great cruise!!! :)

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/alcdc/Cruise/?action=view&current=590e3dbe.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch13

OK...how can I actually put the picture here instead of the link...just call me computer illiterate!

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Like this:

url with no spaces between the brackets and the url. It should look like this

a>

Remove the space in front of and behind the address and it should work.

590e3dbe.jpg

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/alcdc/Cruise/?action=view&current=590e3dbe.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch13

OK...how can I actually put the picture here instead of the link...just call me computer illiterate!

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Actually from photobucket it is even easier. Click on the URL and copy it (right click - copy). Then click on the yellow box (under the "undo" arrow) with the mountain and sun in it (put your mouse over it and it will say "Insert Image"). Right click inside the text box and paste. Then click on okay and you will get ...

590e3dbe.jpg

Archived