New Year's Eve Sailing

marycherry43

Great timing - I am also interested in this sailing, or perhaps even the pre-xmas sailing. Interestingly, the US Cunard sites shows these as 7 day sailings, while the UK site only has them as 14 day sailing - odd...

Great timing - I am also interested in this sailing, or perhaps even the pre-xmas sailing. Interestingly, the US Cunard sites shows these as 7 day sailings, while the UK site only has them as 14 day sailing - odd...

7 nighters sell better in the US, 14 nighters sell better in the UK. Cunard frequently does that.

Has anyone been on this sailing? Was going to book this year. The ship is sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. Was wondering how the New Year's Eve Party would be on the ship. Thanks.

we celebrated newyears eve on the qe2 not the qm2,, However it was the finest celebration we ever attended. the parties went on all night long from the bow to the stern at all possible locations. The evening or i should say the morning ended in the wee hours on the fantail of the ship with a bar b que and dancing. I suspect the qm2 will be even better!!! enjoy bonvoyage

In 2007 the end of year holiday sailing is going to be 14 nights ex-New York which is why we are booked on that and not a 7 night sailing from Fort Lauderdale this year. As I am originally British but now an American that must be why I booked the 14 night cruise!

I think Cunard realized that 7 day cruises and Fort Lauderdale departures all the time remove a significant share of their market, which is why they changed their sailings for 2007

We've been on the QE2 twice at New Year - once in the Caribbean and once on an Atlantic Isles Cruise. We're back again this year and (hopefully) next year as well. New Year (and Christmas) are great on a ship:)

Archived