Waikiki Marriot Question

TRun

I booked the hotel on my own at a very reduced rate and was wondering if I will be turned away from the NCL desk if I try to make dinner resv or try to check-in ?

Anyone experience this ?

Go to the main reception to check in. The NCL desk won't know anything about your reservation.

Never heard about the NCL desk making dinner reservations.

Great hotel-terrific location, nice pool, good pool bar!

Last year, we had also booked the Marriott on our own. The NCL desk answered a few questions for us but would not check us in (even though they were standing there with nothing to do:eek: ) They know who they are allowed to help & you had to have booked your room through NCL. Might have changed since last summer so it can't hurt to ask, but I wouldn't count on it.

On our cruise 5/20/06 we also booked the hotel ourselves. We were able to book a pre-cruise tour and they answered some questions, but we were not allowed to do early check-in. One of the perks of using NCL for the room is that they handle all of your luggage from airport to hotel room, hotel room to ship. We were the only ones on the Pearl Harbor & City Highlights tour with our luggage in the belly of the bus. It was no problem because once we got to the ship our luggage was wisked away and turned up at our cabin a few hours later.

If you also book through NCL you get a ley upon arrival to the hotel, and the NCL staff is there to greet you and help you to your room.

On our cruise 5/20/06 we also booked the hotel ourselves. We were able to book a pre-cruise tour and they answered some questions, but we were not allowed to do early check-in. One of the perks of using NCL for the room is that they handle all of your luggage from airport to hotel room, hotel room to ship. We were the only ones on the Pearl Harbor & City Highlights tour with our luggage in the belly of the bus. It was no problem because once we got to the ship our luggage was wisked away and turned up at our cabin a few hours later.

If you also book through NCL you get a ley upon arrival to the hotel, and the NCL staff is there to greet you and help you to your room.

We have our pre-cruise night booked with NCL, but we were told it does not include transfers from the airport to the hotel, just from the hotel to the airport. Can anybody help verify this?

We did a pre-cruise stay at the Marriott in January through NCL and booked the airfare ourselves. The transfers were only from the hotel to the pier.

We were able to book our dining reservations for the speciality restaurants in advance at the Marriott's NCL desk, but they did not get transferred to the ship. Fortunately, I took the confirmation receipt to the restaurant and they accomdated us quickly. I seem to remember one other passenger having the same problem, but had to return to his room to get his confirmation.

You can also book all your tours at the NCL desk in advance. The staff there were very helpful, but we were sure to pick a slow time to visit. There were several times we saw the line of people extending out the door. We were in Hawaii...We had better things to do than stand in line!!!

Don

We have our pre-cruise night booked with NCL, but we were told it does not include transfers from the airport to the hotel, just from the hotel to the airport. Can anybody help verify this?

I would like to know this too. I was under the understanding that as long as we booked the air, hotel, and cruise together, all transfers were included. :confused:

We stayed at the Waikiki Beachcomber. We didn't know that you had to be a guest at the Marriott to pre-register so we just walked over there and got in line. After she finished our paperwork, she gave us our luggage tags and was explaining the process for transfers when I told her we didn't need them because we were staying somewhere else.

She was a little flustered but then in hushed tones said "I'm not supposed to do this, but you have been really nice so I'll let it go through!" We had been watching these poor desk clerks being abused by our fellow passengers so I think she was happy to have some "normal" people who had no complaints. I feel bad for those clerks- they were getting blamed for bad flights, bad airline food, bad room service at the hotel, etc. I was REALLY dreading getting on a ship with these people:eek:

Anyway, when we got to the port, we walked up to the pre-registered desk, got our cards and were onboard within 10 minutes! We ignored the complainers (there were MANY) and had a great cruise. :D

Transfers......

If you booked Air, Hotel & cruise with NCL then ALL transfers are included.

If you booked just pre or post Marriott (or any hotel) with your cruise through NCL then transfers are only from hotel to pier on pre ---OR ---pier to hotel for post...NO airport transfers if you booked your own air.

Sorry, you can't use the check in unless you booked the Marriott with NCL, if you booked the Marriott on your own you can use the service center for everything else but check-in. They are real strict on that rule, your reservation will show how it was booked so they know who can and can not.

Hope this helps. ;)

Hi Christy:

I just returned from sailing on the Pride of America (6/24 - 7/1). I also stayed at the Marriott both pre & post cruise. I did not book the hotel or air through NCL. We checked in at the NCL room. They even gave us transfers to ride on their bus to the port. We didn't use the transfers but took a taxi instead. It cost around $20 plus tip to go to Port. I didn't use their bus as I didn't want to wait in line. I did tell the NCL rep we didn't book through them when she didn't find us on the roster. She didn't seem to care one way or the other that we didn't book through NCL.

Archived