Dress Code & Dance Lessons Elation

82Strat

Hello and thank you to everyone for all the great information I've gotten from these boards. I will be sailing on the Elation in August and have three quick questions...

1. Dress code (non formal nights): Are capri pants OK for women?

2. Dress code (non formal nights): Are jean skirts with a nice shirt acceptable for teenage girls? If not, how about khaki short skirts?

3. Do they have dance lessons? I was reading an older copy of the capers and didn't see any mention of them.

DW & DD are dressing nice for formal nights, but wanted some info for the non-formal nights.

Parents wanted info about the dance lessons.

This information is on the carnival web-site and your cruise documents, non-formal nights are pretty much whatever you want except as stated in the dress code - the only place with a published dress code is the dining room:

Is there a dress code for the dining room?spacer.gifDepending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

Thanks Nick, I have seen what they say on the web, in their brochure and I've done extensive searches on this web site. I understand what you can and can't wear, I'm just looking for opinions from others who have travelled on Carnival as to whether this two dress items are OK.

I'm guessing the capris are fine, but not sure about the denim skirt for a teenager - hence the question.

Also, I could find nothing on the dance lessons either.

Strat

Hello and thank you to everyone for all the great information I've gotten from these boards. I will be sailing on the Elation in August and have three quick questions...

2. Dress code (non formal nights): Are jean skirts with a nice shirt acceptable for teenage girls? If not, how about khaki short skirts?

3. Do they have dance lessons? I was reading an older copy of the capers and didn't see any mention of them.

DW & DD are dressing nice for formal nights, but wanted some info for the non-formal nights.

We just got off of Elation Sunday. Capris are fine, wore them myself. Wore a nice top with them. Saw some jean skirts, but not that many. Khaki short skirts........how short? Didn't see those. Dance classes, yes they have them. On our cruise they had a Saturday Night Fever dance class and a latin dance class. Basic rule.....no shorts or beachwear in the dining room. Tiffany's saw a little bit of everything. Hope this helps:)

...sorry forgot the dance question, on my last two cruises May and December they taught dance lessons in the show lounge, but they were more fun kind of lessons Austin Powers dance class or something like that.

In 2003 I remember there being more formal type dance classes taught by the dancers from the show, but did not see it on the last two cruises - but was not really looking for it.

...of course there was this girl in a blue blouse with white pants that gave me some lessons on the Ecstasy;) , but that was not very formal...

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Don't know. Never saw them.

On the Glory a year ago they had dance lesson in the show lounge up on the stage. It can get a bit crowded sometimes. They have you in rows and every so often they have the ones in the front row move to the back so they everyone can get on the video tape they sell. Many sit in the audience and watch. These are not formal dance lessons just learning fun stuff like the electric slide, the 'spaghetti' something or other, how to walk and move like a model. My teen girls loved that last one. The dances they taught are used later in the cruise for the late night deck parties. We had a blast!

Kathy in Maine

Archived