Overnighting in Ports a new trend

smeyer418

I noticed on another board where we were discussing going to Canada that NCL seems to be overnighting more in Port. Everyone overnights in Bermuda but now NCL is doing it in Hawaii and the Bahamas...a trend...personally I would like to see it more...

Alot of lines are doing that nowadays, its probably cheaper than contract hotel accommodation maybe.

My two Transatlantic cruises in 2007 with Fred Olsen are overnighters...outbound from Jamaica and inbound to Barbados. Another cruise I am looking into with Olsen for 2008 is overnight Acapulco onboard ship.

I like the idea, saves the unpacking/repacking from the hotel and it gives you an extra night on the ship too.

:)

Depending on itinerary, great.

On Oceania's Regatta into the Baltic last August, we had two overnights in St. Petersburg, which most enjoyed.

I personally would have preferred one in St. Peterburg, and the other in

Gdansk, but what do I know?

Notice that many cruise lines are overnighting in several ports... I think it's a great idea..NCL of course innovated it many years ago on the Majesty to Bermuda.. It give you a chance to visit a port like Venice.. and instead of just one day you have two.. or 1 1/2.. why I don't know the reason for this.. but there is no sense of if today is Tuesday we must be in Rome and Wednesday we are in heavens knows where.. I like the idea myself.. Since I'm looking at a long cruise next fall, perhaps trans-Atlantic again I'm going to keep this in mind..

Archived