nassau snorkelling with kids

dolphingirl68

Hi, we will be cruising into Nassau on July 28th on the carnival Fantasy.

We have 2 families of five, kids ages 6, 7, 8, 9 and two 11 year olds.

The snorkelling excursions are limited through carnival and they won't let us book the pearl island snorkelling because the minimum age is 8 years old. What tour operator for snorkelling would you reccomend considering the ages of our kids? My kids are fine snorkelling off a boat, we did it last summer in the keys and my youngest was 6 then. Our ship is in port from 10 AM - 7 PM.

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Hi, we will be cruising into Nassau on July 28th on the carnival Fantasy.

We have 2 families of five, kids ages 6, 7, 8, 9 and two 11 year olds.

The snorkelling excursions are limited through carnival and they won't let us book the pearl island snorkelling because the minimum age is 8 years old. What tour operator for snorkelling would you reccomend considering the ages of our kids? My kids are fine snorkelling off a boat, we did it last summer in the keys and my youngest was 6 then. Our ship is in port from 10 AM - 7 PM.

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Here's a listing from the tour desk.. it should have some information for you.

www.majesticholidays.com

I also think that you can pick up the "Sunshine" snorkeling boat from the wharf. Don't know the price, but it pulls in around 1pm. There's an information desk when you leave the port. Check with them if you don't find something at Majestic.

I recommend the Flying Cloud or seahorse cruises. Both are very reputable and family friendly.. and lots of fun.

I just got off the phone with my mom who is in Nassau right now on a cruise. I had booked for her and my younger sister a snorkeling excursion with stuarts cove. They loved it! She said it was some of the best snorkeling she has ever done and she has been all over the carribean and hawaii. She even opted to snorkel with the sharks which was amazing. I asked her if she would reccommend this excursion to others and she said in a heartbeat. She said they were very professional, had nice equipment and boat. She said there was about 60 on the excursion. However, if I remember right they pick up at the cruise terminal at 12:15 pm. You can check out their website www.stuartscove.com and see if they can accomodate you. Good luck and have fun.:)

Archived