I got the dress!!!

Hi all,

It's here and it's great!! It's long, as I knew it would be, but that's easy enough to fix. I'm so excited about it!! I think I'm going to copy you , if you don't mind kamloops and have the husband meet me in the bar while I get ready.

It fits (other than the length) wonderfully. I don't even need a bra at all, there is some kind of magical mechanism in there that I want on every thing I wear!!

Yay, yay, yay...doing the happy dance!!

Ok, now back to life, have to go and mop.......

Congrats, congrats!!!!! :D

I think that was a fab idea,having him wait at the bar.. I loved when she did that!

The length will be an easy fix, inexpensive too.The fact that you don't need a 'boobie partner' is awesome....Ohhh how I wish that could happen to my girls, for them to go without a date to the prom......I can dream.:rolleyes:

Well, happy mopping and I am happy for you, and DH too!;)

Hi Navywife!

Glad you got the dress and it fits! I found this David Meister size chart on line. Did the size you ordered and your measurements match up to the size on the chart? I have my eye on a David Meister dress, too, and was wondering if this was accurate.

david_meister_w_apparel.gif

Wow, that's small! Hope you can read it!

Thanks!

Hi Navywife!

Glad you got the dress and it fits! I found this David Meister size chart on line. Did the size you ordered and your measurements match up to the size on the chart? I have my eye on a David Meister dress, too, and was wondering if this was accurate.

david_meister_w_apparel.gif

Wow, that's small! Hope you can read it!

Thanks!

those sizes sure run large on that chart. I could wear a size 4 by those charts and if my mid section wasn't so big a 2-and I am NOT a skinny mini-they take vanity sizing to the extreme-don't they? with sizing going the way it is-it is getting harder and harder for my daughter to find clothes that fit her-by that sz chart she would need a minus 0000 I guess!

those sizes sure run large on that chart. I could wear a size 4 by those charts and if my mid section wasn't so big a 2-and I am NOT a skinny mini-they take vanity sizing to the extreme-don't they? with sizing going the way it is-it is getting harder and harder for my daughter to find clothes that fit her-by that sz chart she would need a minus 0000 I guess!

I agree! That's why I was wondering. According to the chart, I'd be a 2! I've never been a 2. In fact, I think I went from a 6x kids to a 9 juniors as a preteen! I guess the more you pay, the smaller you "are". :rolleyes:

I agree! That's why I was wondering. According to the chart, I'd be a 2! I've never been a 2. In fact, I think I went from a 6x kids to a 9 juniors as a preteen! I guess the more you pay, the smaller you "are". :rolleyes:

well I normally wear a 8-10-so you see what I mean about that size chart! I just feel bad for my daughter who is very small and it is harder and harder for her to find anything that fits. she has a cute little woman's figure too but when everything is too big you can't see it.

I can see sizes getting smaller and smaller. I am wearing smaller sizes then I wore just a couple of years ago and I weigh the same exact thing.

Hi all,

I'm normally and 8-10, but in formal wear more toward a 10. The 8 fits perfectly. I am a 36 in bras and the measurements for 8 say 37, but that part seemed a bit off, it fits like a 36, although there is some stretch to it, so I could see where I could fit more in to the top.

I like the cut of the dress a lot and was worried about ordering the 8.

Good luck, let me know how you did!!

-Melissa

Hi all,

I'm normally and 8-10, but in formal wear more toward a 10. The 8 fits perfectly. I am a 36 in bras and the measurements for 8 say 37, but that part seemed a bit off, it fits like a 36, although there is some stretch to it, so I could see where I could fit more in to the top.

I like the cut of the dress a lot and was worried about ordering the 8.

Good luck, let me know how you did!!

-Melissa

well Melissa by that size chart you should wear a 4!

Hi all,

It's here and it's great!! It's long, as I knew it would be, but that's easy enough to fix. I'm so excited about it!! I think I'm going to copy you , if you don't mind kamloops and have the husband meet me in the bar while I get ready.

It fits (other than the length) wonderfully. I don't even need a bra at all, there is some kind of magical mechanism in there that I want on every thing I wear!!

Yay, yay, yay...doing the happy dance!!

Ok, now back to life, have to go and mop.......

Wonderful news and a great plan to meet at the bar a la Kamloops!

Enjoy!

~e

well Melissa by that size chart you should wear a 4!

I could, but I think I would be stretching the dress a bit more than I'd feel comfortable with!!! The fabric on the dress was stretchy, but I;m glad I got it in my size, because if I went according to the designers measurements, sure it would have fit, but it may have looked like two pigs wrestling under a blanket when I danced!!!

Archived