Kayaks in Labadee, Haiti...

Just wondering if they accommodate *ahem* "larger" people. I weigh about 240 and am pregnant and am wondering if this would work for me. Thanks for any input, I appreciate it.

Last cruise we did the kayak and had no problem I'm 250

This doesn't really have anything to do with your question, but--

A word of warning: Don't forget to put suscreen on your shins! My mom and I did kayaking at Labadee, and she forgot to put sunscreen there, and with her legs straight out in front of her for 2 hours or however long it was, she got very sunburned on the front of her legs!

Also-If you do the kayaking excursion, bring some cash. One of my favorite souvenirs from all of my vacations is a painting of our ship (Voyager of the Seas) that I bought from a local there when we took a kayaking break at a beach area. The seller wanted $20, but I talked him down to $15--probably could've gotten it for even less, but I just love it! (He wrapped it up really well in plastic bags, so it didn't get wet on the way back.)

How much are kayak rentals in Labadee?

I think it was $68 pp. We did the kayaking excursion, and it took about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. They took us out and gave us a little history about the island. They have us go out and put our kayaks together, and our instructor had two people volunteer to walk through everyones kayak and back to their own. It was a shaky experience, make sure they don't grab your head unless you decide to volunteer.:D We stopped over at a small beach and there are people who will try to sell you different items. It was for about 1/2 hour. We also passed through this little area where the residence live and the children were out swimming. There is also a kayaking patrol boat that goes out with us as a safety precaution.

Archived