Good Sunscreen

I wanted to pass along this in case someone is like me........A fair skinned, freckled, green eyed, strawberry blonde.

I look for the best sunscreen money can buy. I just got back from cruise on Rhapsody and we had back to back excursion days (Grand Cayman and Cozumel) and this sunscreen brand worked super for me.

It was under the name Ironman and now is under Xterra Sunscreen. It was designed for cyclists and triathletes. I initially found it at Academy Sports but, they stopped carrying it. I had to find it on the internet and order from cycling store.

I put it on about an hour before leaving the ship and never reapplied again, till the next morning. It is water proof, lasts 8 hours plus, and has to be removed with soap and water....however is not greasy.

I went snorkeling and to sting ray city in Cayman, then next day the beach all day at Cozumel, no burn at all.

Honestly I can burn in 30 minutes minus sunscreen so was VERY afraid being in pain or laid up for days.

Just thought I would pass on the information.

Thanks for the rec. re: sunblock..

we're sailing on Explorer in 2 weeks and have a peachy copper haired son who's gotten more freckles since last summer than I'd like. Have used 45 SPF but realize that we may need something "more protective" for water etc. this time around since we're cruising in the summer (and more intensive rays).

It's really "that waterproof"? (sounds like the "old fashioned" bullfrog block we used to buy 10 years ago).

Thanks,

Carolyn

Archived