Costa Magica VS Celebrity Millenium

CruiseGal28

I was just on the Magica (very beautiful ship) and have been on Celebrity several times. I have another cruise on the Magica this fall and a Med cruise on the Millennium booked for next spring. So as you can see, I like both equally. They each have their pros and cons, however.

My opinons:

Food - Celebrity although I never went hungry or was served something I didn't like on Costa. The food is just less . . . well . . . inspired.

Entertainment - Celebrity because it's difficult to appeal to an international audience. Costa's big broadway-style shows are good but the rest are somewhat lame.

Service - Both are excellent

Rooms - Both are excellent

Bars - Celebrity ships have GREAT Martini Bars!!!

Ship - Magica is very European with a lot of glitz, marble and gold. Celebrity's ships are quite conservative in comparison. It's the difference between a Las Vegas hotel and a hotel in any other major city.

The rest depends on what you are looking for. I love Costa because of the International experience and meeting people from other countries. On their European cruises, English speaking passengers are definitely in the minority. This is less so on Caribbean sailings.

Brian

I too have been on both this year..while Costa Magica is a beautiful ship and Id love to go again......there is no comparison to Celebrity....service, food and entertainment were better. Celebrity is also more expensive so its a toss up there. You wont be dissapointed in either one.

Archived