Looking for some of those good drink recipes.....

Kiss on the Lips

1 part Peach Schnapps (1/4 cup)

4 parts Mango Mixer (1 cup)

Put in a blender with ice. Blend like a dacquari.

Pour small amount of grenadine in the bottom of a glass and add frozen mixture.

One of the bar tenders told us how to make this drink.

I was told 2oz of peach schnapps--2oz frozen mango concentrate--a dash of apricot brandy--blend with a little ice and pour over grenadine in the bottom of a glass. I have no idea where to find the frozen mango. We tried mango nectar from a can , but it took too much ice and tasted watered down. We froze little containers of 2oz each of the mango nectar and then only needed a few ice cubes. We also toss in a couple frozen peach slices. OH__so very yummy. Hope this helps. We just experiment alot and of course drink the mistakes. After several mistakes, it doesn't matter so much if it is exactly like the ship's!!!!!!!:D:D:D

I just want to say that, I experienced my first Kiss on the Lips drink on the Valor back in march. That has got to be the best tropical drink I have ever had on a ship! lol. Now that I found some of the recipes, I am so excited! lol

I was told 2oz of peach schnapps--2oz frozen mango concentrate--a dash of apricot brandy--blend with a little ice and pour over grenadine in the bottom of a glass. I have no idea where to find the frozen mango. We tried mango nectar from a can , but it took too much ice and tasted watered down. We froze little containers of 2oz each of the mango nectar and then only needed a few ice cubes. We also toss in a couple frozen peach slices. OH__so very yummy. Hope this helps. We just experiment alot and of course drink the mistakes. After several mistakes, it doesn't matter so much if it is exactly like the ship's!!!!!!!:D:D:D

I found mango puree at our local Binny's liquor store. The brand name is Finest Call and is not frozen but makes a perfect "Kiss on the Lips." I had to look pretty hard for it. Most places in our area don't carry it. Binny's is a huge liquor store that carries most everything. You can order it on line. Just do a search for "Finest Call." It's about $4.50/liter.

I watched the bartenders make the "Kiss on the Lips" on the ship and never saw them add anything but peach schnapps and pour it over grenadine. They didn't put any apricot brandy in it although, that might be good.

Archived