Limon, Costa Rica - Any beach trips?

honeymoon06

On our panama cruise on the Coral Princess in December, we will be stopping at Limon, Costa Rica.

There are no beach excursions provided by princess for this port. Does anyone know of a good beach nearby?

And can you tell me if it is easy to find a taxi back to the port at the end of the day? Don't want to risk missing the ship!

Thanks.

There are no beach excursions provided by princess for this port. Does anyone know of a good beach nearby?

And can you tell me if it is easy to find a taxi back to the port at the end of the day? Don't want to risk missing the ship!

Thanks.

Sorry, I dont have an answer, but I would be interested in knowing the answer to this as well. I know ppl say the thing to do in Costa Rica is check out the rain forest, but I would like to have another option...

Might be good to post this on the Port of Call forum....

Sorry, I can't remember the name of the beach, but a few yrs back we went to Limon and before we got off the ship we asked some of the crew members where a good beach was. They told us the name, and several of us got off the ship, got a taxi and went to that beach. The same taxi picked us up a couple hrs later and took us back to the ship. It was a nice beach, good waves, plenty of sand, and a several bars that also served food. Hopefully someone else can think of the name of the beach and post it, or you can just ask some of the crew members when you get onboard! I think the taxi ride was $5 to $10 pp roundtrip.

cruisealot

We did a tour with Charlie DeSoto (Okey Dokey Tours...you'll find it on the CR boards) and went to the Cahuita National Park beach, which is south of Limon. There were monkies up in the trees and it was pretty, I thought.

Archived