??? re: Inside cabin, deck 9, Serenade

Just found out that we have cabin #9509 (forward) on the Serenade for our Alaskan cruise in August (booked an inside guarantee). I'm noticing on the deck layout that there is a blank space next to us where cabin 9511 should be, but alas cabin 9511 isn't there. Does anyone know what's in that space? I'm assuming it's a housekeeping closet? Has anyone ever stayed near one of those? If so, how is the noise? I'm an early riser, and my DH (who is not) is a heavy sleeper, so hopefully any noise won't bother us too much. I also noticed that directly above us on deck 10 is a big blank space next between a few inside cabins and the forward elevator. Does anyone know what's up there? Haven't had a cabin in the front of the ship for a while... is there usually more motion up front? Luckily neither one of us is prone to sea sickness... Can't wait to get on board! :)

Just kidding. It is probably a closet. We have been next to a closet before and never heard a thing. You may want to call your TA and see if they can change you just in case. With a guarantee, I wouldn't put it past RCCL to put you in an undesirable stateroom.

We were in 9520 on the Serenade, and the in laws were in 9506 both balcony rooms. The inside rooms were on the other side of the hall. There was a closet there, so it's probably a closet. We didn't have any problem with noises on deck 9 and we were pretty close to the forward elevators.

Archived