A few Q's

tabbycatz

Hi everyone,

I have been been making my way thru all the threads with much interest, thank you for all the information. I have a few questions.

1. Are there fridges in the cabins?

2. Can you plug portable DVD players into the TVs?

3. Can you buy alcohol on board the drink in your cabin?

4. Where in Sydney do you embark the ship.

Also we will be spending 4 days in Sydney before the cruise including the Australia Day weekend. I'm not to familiar with Sydney so would anyone be able to tell me where the fireworks display is i.e. Sydney Harbour, Darling Harbour?? Could anyone recommend hotel from which you could see the fireworks.

Cheers Jeannette :)

Hi Tabbycatz

1. Only the suites have fridges. If you have medication etc that needs it they can store it for you. Not alchol :)

2. I think they tvs don't have the inputs/outputs. Someone may know for sure.

3. You can't buy bottles of spirits for onboard consumption. You might be able to buy wine. You can buy glasses of drinks from the bar and take them back to your cabin.

4. You usually get on the ship at Wharf 8 Darling Harbour. This is actually Hickson Road and not "Darling Harbour" the tourist area. It is just past the King Street Wharf. Closer to Wynyard station.

Not sure about the fireworks.

Hi Tabbycatz

1. Only the suites have fridges. If you have medication etc that needs it they can store it for you. Not alchol :)

2. I think they tvs don't have the inputs/outputs. Someone may know for sure.

3. You can't buy bottles of spirits for onboard consumption. You might be able to buy wine. You can buy glasses of drinks from the bar and take them back to your cabin.

4. You usually get on the ship at Wharf 8 Darling Harbour. This is actually Hickson Road and not "Darling Harbour" the tourist area. It is just past the King Street Wharf. Closer to Wynyard station.

Not sure about the fireworks.

Hi Tabbycatz

I cant recall being able to connect anything to the tv at all.

You can buy a bottle of wine at dinner in the restaurants but cant take it away. if you dont finish it they will hold it for the next night.

best place to see the fireworks is darling harbour and there is plenty of accomodation to choose from. Suggestion would be the Ibis with a harbour view room. competively priced, not too flash and close to everything. Wharf 8 is sort of near cockle bay wharf (other side of darling harbour) and there are plenty of restaurants/bars along that strip.

Archived