What to Buy While on the Islands?

Michelle!

You will find LOTS of plumeria here although the plumeria is actually native to America and Asia (Source: the Waimea Valley Audobon Center). Plumeria shoots are in every touristy shop but I imagine places like the Audobon Center or Botanical Garden will have them certified for export....or you can come to my house. I have plenty! ;)

As a side note, you would be startled to find what isnt native to Hawaii...including pineapple. Make sure you take in a garden, nature center or museum to learn about the incredible history of the plants here. We just went over to Waimea last weekend and while Gramps is handicapped and couldnt walk to the falls (you can swim in the falls too), we were able to enjoy some of the gardens, store and a GREAT lunch. We plan a return visit for the fall/winter when it is cooler and moister there.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, a friend from work just got back from Oahu - I asked her to bring me some of the Kona Coffee coated mac nuts - OMG :> These were the BEST!!!!! I ate the whole can practically - I did have help, but I am feeling rather guilty.

I am going to buy it in bulk when I go there! It was soooooo good - highly recommend. so much for losing the weight I'm going to gain on my cruise!

Archived