Zenith Bermuda-receiving call on cell phone

cruisinwitdagang

We will be in Bermuda on my birthday (leaving Bermuda at 3pm). My 13 y/o son is away at camp and really wants to call me that day. Will my Verizon phone get service if I am in my cabin (Europa deck). How does the satellite service if he calls Celebrity? They won't be too accomodating at his camp, so I want to make it as easy as possible for him.

To use the shore-to-ship service it is EXPENSIVE @ $7.95 per minute! Your son would need a credit card to put the call on.

Here is what little info there is on the Celebrity website:

Phone/Fax

Friends or family can reach you 24 hours a day via Celebrity's Satellite Service. Before you depart for your cruise, leave the following number with anyone wanting to reach you: 877-266-1020.

I got the rates by calling the number.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to call the camp and beg them to let him call me at breakfast time (they prefer to have kids call in the evening but we'll be at sea by then). Then I'll wait on deck for the call. It really means a lot to him to call me on my birthday.

I was on the Horizon also last summer and I have Verizon cell phone service. The phone worked perfectly out on deck, while docked in Bermuda. I did not need to contact Verizon beforehand, and the charges for the calls were really not that much money...definitely not $7.95 a minute.

Enjoy your cruise...and happy birthday!!

Archived