HELP PLEASE! This is my dress

TinkyPatz

I think the dress is attractive but it does lind of emphasise the hips. So I guess it depnds on how it looks on you-was that you? If that was you in the picture another style may look better.

but then again most men like the hips, it is us gals who want to hide them!

Momofmeg - Tink did not ask if she should wear this dress, she asked for help w/accessories. She also said this was not her in the photo. Your comment would have hurt my feelings at age 22. A little more sensitivity on your behalf is needed, please. gg

Momofmeg - Tink did not ask if she should wear this dress, she asked for help w/accessories. She also said this was not her in the photo. Your comment would have hurt my feelings at age 22. A little more sensitivity on your behalf is needed, please. gg

Thank you SO much for that! for a second there I was a little taken aback, cosidering I already bought the dress... but then I remembered how great I look in it and I didn't care. :D But thank you, that was really sweet.

Nliedel: Tomorrow I will hit the local thrift store and see what I find :) thank you for the fabulous idea!

RachelD: yep, I'm not wearing a necklace. I took a pottery class in college and I remember our professor mentioning how people were afraid of "empty spaces", and I also remember how beautiful the pieces that were really simple and elegant looked!

And I think I'll bypass the fishnets cause these legs don't need to call for attention, believe me! :eek: lol

And now I started thinking about makeup. I'm usually really good at that, and I'm keeping it simple. Just one quick question: what color eye shadow :confused:

I hit the stores today and found the most FABULOUS lavender sundress, a designer (don't remember who) for 5 bucks!

I am going to defend MomofMeg here. I've been reading her posts for a long time now and she's a nice lady. I don't think she meant any harm at all. Sometimes we post something we think is kind and then read it later and wonder what got into us!!

I hit the stores today and found the most FABULOUS lavender sundress, a designer (don't remember who) for 5 bucks!

I am going to defend MomofMeg here. I've been reading her posts for a long time now and she's a nice lady. I don't think she meant any harm at all. Sometimes we post something we think is kind and then read it later and wonder what got into us!!

I didn't think she meant harm either, maybe it's the way it looks on the pic... either way I'm Puerto Rican and have big hips and my boyfriend loves 'em, so :D

That is fabulous about the dress! My boyfriend's mom knows ALL the goodwill, thrift and second hand stores there are around the area so maybe i'll kidnap her!!

Nliedel - I agree that sometimes we say things that hurt others, when we really were just saying what was on our minds at the moment. That is why I think its important to proof our comments before posting if we think it is a "constructive" one. I think we (for the most part) come on CC for help, support, hints, etc. Anyway, my comment was made after reading more than one negative post :( from MOM, so I hope my comment to her will just make her stop and think a little more. I agree, she does have many positive comments , but you know you can say 100 nice things to someone, but it just takes 1 negative comments to erase all the nice ones, and you can tell by OP's comment that it did take her aback at a time when she WAS so excited. I think your lavender sundress sounds fabulous - that and periwinkle are my 2 favorite colors. Let us see a snapshot and by the way - what is the title of your new book going to be ?????? How exciting is that ????? Congrats, gg

Remember I write ROMANCE novels here folks, not disparaging comments about, "Bodice Rippers" that's old school :)

The title, for now (my editor is an evil witch with a red pen and yes, she knows I feel that way :) she might change it) is, "How to Conjure a Man."

Snapshots. I have not taken photos of the outfits yet. I am thinking about making a little book with pictures of all outfits and accessories that I can refer to, but that's just over the top, even for me.

I found a dress yesterday. It's a size 12, at a local thrift store. I am heading back there today to try it on. It's plum and gorgeous, but I am not sure if I am going to get it yet. It might not even be there when I go back. The last thing I need is another formal, but.... IT'S SO PRETTY!!

The last thing I need is another formal, but.... IT'S SO PRETTY!!

HAHAHAHA, man don't we all know what you're talking about!!!

Question girls, and don't worry I can take ALL kinds of opinions! :D

Is this dress to dressy for a normal night at the dinning room?

578689_hi?wid=199

Description: Red and black dot swing dress has black sash, black piping on the top hem and black tulle peeking out from the bottom.

Tink - Beautiful dress - great for formal night, but probably too dressy for regular dining nights. You will see lots of slacks and tops on those nights for the gals. I usually wear something like a pair of black slacks, black lightweight sweater or top, and a lightweight jacket type blazer. Lots of women will wear sundresses with or without jackets, casual dresses - usually not denim. We even noticed quite a number of nice capri outfits. The longer tiered skirt (broomstick/pleated skirt) are really popular still and so easy to pack - combined with a cute top, you can dress them up or down with accessories, belts, scarves, jackets, etc. gg

Hi again, I just wanted to thank

desperatehousewife

caribbean dreams

travelpeon

houstonathome

gg3

jane110

caviargal

heavysurf

momofmeg

nliedel

rachelD

sweetpea-2

for the wonderful advice you have given me, I'm sure I'll look beautiful on formal night and well accesorized thanks to you! :)

I see you are also a Torrid girl, I love their stuff.

I have a green halter formal I bought from Torrid last year for my cruise and decided not to wear at the last second (b/c I found a gorgeous gold tea length dress at Lane Bryant for deep markdown and couldn't pass it up). Now I'm too small for the dress, I'm going to take it to my seamstress and see how much it would cost to have it altered to fit me for this year. It's either that or putting it on ebay for me, I want SOMEONE to at least enjoy it if I didn't.

Anyway, enjoy the dress, I LOVE the red one!

I see you are also a Torrid girl, I love their stuff.

I have a green halter formal I bought from Torrid last year for my cruise and decided not to wear at the last second (b/c I found a gorgeous gold tea length dress at Lane Bryant for deep markdown and couldn't pass it up). Now I'm too small for the dress, I'm going to take it to my seamstress and see how much it would cost to have it altered to fit me for this year. It's either that or putting it on ebay for me, I want SOMEONE to at least enjoy it if I didn't.

Anyway, enjoy the dress, I LOVE the red one!

Torrid has wonderful clothes, i love them, they're a bit pricey but i always gladly spend a lot of money there! :D

btw, i adore your username!!! ;)

Torrid has wonderful clothes, i love them, they're a bit pricey but i always gladly spend a lot of money there! :D

btw, i adore your username!!! ;)

I agree, I used to shop at Torrid all the time. Now I work at Lane Bryant so I shop where I get a discount, but I'm always stopping in Torrid to see what they have (and buy something about half the time...).

And thanks about the username, I'm a big Broadway nerd :p

Tinky, regarding the red dress, I'd say it's dressier than most women wear on casual night, but it would be great for the second formal night or even one of the alternate restaurants. And if you wore it on a casual night, the ordinary person would only register that you looked beautiful.

From the sounds of it we have a similar style. The dress is very pretty, but for fromal night I always think the dress should be floor length. I am not sure if you are familar with these brands or not, but do a google search for "Lip Service" and "Morbid Threads". They have some classier goth gowns without all the chains and spikes. Lip Service tends to use more traditional gothic styles like corsets and layers and lace.

Archived