Old San Juan walking distance from port?

flyaway

We're on the Celebrity Century, which docks at 4:30, and we're interested in doing the Bioluminescent Bay tour at 7. Is Old San Juan close enough that we could take a quick walk around to see it?

I'm researching this same issue because I will be there on the Navigator next week. Apparently it IS close enough to walk from the pier. The best info I found on it is at:

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/sanjuan/0323010008.html

There is a map that goes with it somewhere on that site but I am unable to find it right now.

It depends on what Pier??

If you dock at one of the 2 piers "in town", the answer is yes. If you dock at the Pan Am Pier, the answer is no. Depending on that particular day's traffic, you may not know what the pier is ahead of time.

Old San Juan is a great place to visit. We love visiting the shops, plazas, and art galleries. Just a word of caution, however - I had been warned by an airline employee that it may not be the safest place to stroll through at night.

I believe Celebrity uses the PAN AM Pier. We were on the Serenade also leaving from the Pan Am pier. You have to take a cab to OLD SAN JUAN.

It cost us $5 each way for a cab. We had him drop us off in Old San Juan and we walked around. Had no problems finding another cab back to the ship. $5 is the going rate for a cab.

There is nothing within walking distance of the Pan Am Pier.

Hi,

Does Anyone Know How Much It Costs To Go From The Airport To The Pan Am Pier By Taxi And How Long It Takes?

Also, How Much It Costs To Go From Osj To The Airport And How Long That Takes?

WAS THE $5. EACH WAY FROM THE PIER TO OSJ PER PERSON OR FOR THE CAB?

Thanks For Any Help On This Matter.

Archived