How much for a Swedish taxi ride?

opheliaj

We are arriving at Stockholm's airport and need to taxi to the ship (Insignia). I read somewhere that the taxi will only take Swedish kronas. Is that true and, also, can anyone give me an idea of what to expect as to the cost for the taxi ride? Our ship will be docked at the Frihamnen pier.

Hi,

You can pay by credit card. Unfortunately, I don't have any idea about prices. There is another possibility, you can book a taxi in advance to pick you up at the airport. Thus, you will know exactly how much to pay. Here is the link to the service: http://www.flygtaxi.se/english/index.do;jsessionid=50A81E5EA616E00DA53CF7FB8BDA2936

Have a nice trip!

Susanne

Last July, four of us took a taxi from Gamla Stan to the airport for 90 USD plus tip. To go to the ship should cost perhaps 15 USD more. We arranged the price the day before with the driver who took us from the ship to our hotel so the meter price may be different.

It cost DW and I close to USD$100 including tip, and they gladly accept credit cards. They have a great high-speed train, however, that goes from the center of town directly to the airport for around USD$25 pp.

Mike

Having just, yesterday, returned from Stockholm, etc. and Helsinki, etc.. the train to the center of town is now about $32.00, a summer special..pain in the neck to haul luggage around..... a taxi with up to 4 persons is 395 SEK...about $56.00... or a slightly bigger van, 450 SEK...look for the black with yellow, or white with black details.. the official cabs... there are gypsy cabs around and one can easily be taken.

Food costs are NYC plus $$$$ If you have the time, take in the LUNCH time smorgasbord at the Grand Hotel over looking the Palace cost with OUT drinks, about $54.00, FANTASTIC... a couple of snaps and beers will easily double that!

Dale

Hi,

Left Stockholm from Frihamen Port. Cost is $475.00 Kroners. That includes tip. Stockholm Taxi. I had reserved the taxi prior to leaving home. They were waiting at the port with our name. Their web is: www.taxistockholm.se"]www.taxistockholm.se Ride was about 30 minutes. The exchange rate on monday was 6.7 Enjoy your cruise!!P.S. I used a credit card, Capitol One. They processed it at end of ride.

We were on the same cruise a Jeanine and took a cab from port to airport. Had checked rates with our driver to town the previouse day so knew that 475 was the best rate. We did not, however, arrange for him to pick us up the next day as we were not sure what time we'd be leaving so had to "negotiate " with the drivers at the pier on day of disembarkation. They tell you the rate is 600 and you have to hold your ground and go to other cabs to finally get the proper rate. Do not accept one that wants to go by the meter. It seems that all the drivers in Stockholm originally quoted a higer than normal rate and you had to negotiate. Maybe FROM the airport you won't have to go through as much to get a proper fare. Good luck

Carolyn

There is a special 395 kroner fare from airport to town, but you have to follow the instructions in the airport (the instructions are in English and easily accessible); the best fare back is, as Carolyn says currently 475 kroner ; I had to wait for the third taxi to get that rate.

Archived