Mystic tan question

jodee

I am considering getting a Mystic tan before my cruise. I already have a nice base tan, but thought this would help even my tan out where needed such as under my arms and tan lines.

My question is my trip will be 9 days long and they say it lasts about a week (6-7 days) How does it fade? Does it flake off or become blotchy ?

I also work out (quite hard) both at home and on the ship and am afraid it will rub off due to this. ANY advise, suggestions or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jodee

Hi Jodee,

There was a pretty lengthy, extremely informative thread on the mystic tan recently. I would do a search and put in Mystic Tan as your reference and I'm sure it will come up. There is a way to post a thread, but I am not sure how to do it. If you have trouble finding it send out another reply and I'm sure someone can help.

Have a terrific and safe 4th of July.

M.

We did Mystic a couple of years ago (so it may have improved since then) but when we got to Miami, we walked around the city for most of the day and our shirts turned orange where we had sweated. We never did Mystic again.

Hi Jodee,

I don't know anything about the Mystic Tan (other than what I've read on this thread and others) but thought I'd point you to another thread started by DesperateHousewife on another sunless tanning method. She goes into great details about how it worked for her. I was impressed enough by her testimonial that I decided to order it for myself. I will post a comment about it after I've had it for a few more days to see how long it lasts, etc.

If you have time before your cruise to obtain and test this product, it might be worth checking out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=335198&highlight=fake+bake

My experience with Mystic tan was awful. It looked just ok on me till I went swinning, then it was a streaked mess for a couple of days. maybe I did something wrong, I don't know...................but I will never use it again.I guess if you don't plan to go swimming in a pool with chlorine it might be ok, but who doesn't swim on their cruise?????:confused:

Hey Jodee,

I echo what the others have said about Mystic Tan, Forget about it!

I am a tan addict, I know its not the best thing to do but I do it anyway.

I can tell you that there are 2 sunless tanning products out on the market that are very good. One is Fake Bake, as another poster has said it really is a great product. In the winter months when I used it to extend my tan I used it along with the exfoliater & spray oil skin prep. When using the entire system I did not have any blotches. Kelly Rippa has mentioned on "Live" that she uses Fake Bake (her tan looks natural) that is why I gave it a try. The other product out there that is very good is the Tan Towel. Either one of these products will work great but the towels are a bit easier to use since you dont have to worry about washing your hands quuck.:)

I used Mystic Tan for my wedding this past winter. We were married in STJ so I obviously wanted to look dark. I would not do the Mystic Tan again. The results were pretty good, but for the money I didn't think it was really worth it. I used to tan all the time but have since become a skin cancer/anti aging freak so I didn't do the tanning bed. Basically with the MT, my skin smelled horrible for 3 days and it only lasted about 4 days. I am now using Neutrogena's spray on tan at home and I think it does almost as good or better than the MT. You have to practice with it a few times to get the hang of it, but after that it really is easy. I let my husband spray my backside to get everything even.

Archived