Prescription Ambien from Belize

treemont

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone ever had any bad reactions from any of the prescription meds purchased from the pharmacies in Port in Belize? I bought Ambien from there last month but have been reluctant to take it yet. I'd love to hear your comments about effectiveness and/or problems with meds purchased there. Thanks!

One of the cruisecritic members bought a 3 month supply in Belize of Ambien. They were in a sealed box that said they manufactured in Canada ?? I think....I advised her to only take 1/2 a tab at the most for the first few dosages, as Ambien can really zonk you out and have an amnesia effect if too much is taken....She tried it on the ship and said it worked as well as the Ambien she had used from a pharm. at home. I have to occasionally take an ambien but I cut a 10mg pill into fourths....

Thanks for the reply. Yes, mine was in a sealed box too. But after watching shows on the content of some counterfeit drugs, I was concerned about taking Ambien without asking others if they'd had any problems with the ones they purchased at the Belize Port Pharmacies.

Thanks again.

You are probably ok, in my opinion, but I suppose that it's easier for counterfeiters to make brand-named packaging look very professional, these days. However, it would be FAR MORE DIFFICULT for them to make the tablets look like the real thing.

Ambien is a brand name with no generic alternatives so, although the packaging can change from country to country, the tablets themselves should only ever look one way, depending on the strength.

I assume you were given either 5mg or 10mg. Here are links to the US Drug Enforcement Agency's images of those meds. If I were in your shoes and if what I had matched the DEA med library, I would personally feel ok about their legitimacy.

http://www.dea.gov/photos/depressants/ambien5mg.jpg

http://www.dea.gov/photos/depressants/ambien10mg.jpg

Just curious, how much is the Ambien in Belize? I pay about $23 for a months worth with my insurance. So without insurance how much would it be? Going to be there in Dec, would it be cheaper for me to buy it there?:confused: Thanks

• 4 years later...

Ive been taking Ambien for 1 and 1/2 years. I think it works great, especially when traveling. Sometimes just 5 mg does it, and I have even used just 1/4 sometimes. It just relaxes the mind to let you sleep. The only time I did something silly was when I had a few drinks and took one. That's not good.

Ive been taking Ambien for 1 and 1/2 years. I think it works great, especially when traveling. Sometimes just 5 mg does it, and I have even used just 1/4 sometimes. It just relaxes the mind to let you sleep. The only time I did something silly was when I had a few drinks and took one. That's not good.

since you revived this post: now that it has gone generic I pay $20 for 3 month mail order. I take it often; have been told I've "wandered" before but I hope I haven't done anything outrageous! :eek:

Archived