Balcony Guarantees

Excellent!!!!

I am cruising with a large group and we all did guarantees in May. We all got the same cabin, or better with a substantial price reduction from what we had originally booked. Many of us booked on board last year. We cancelled that booking and then booked a guarantee. It worked out well for all of us. No one was upgraded but that's OK. We saved alot of money.

On our first RCI cruise some years ago, we had a balcony guarantee. Ended up with an aft JS. Enjoyed the aft so much that's what we only book. Next aft Serenade of the Seas 9/10/06.

Ellen in Seattle

Excellent!!!!

I am cruising with a large group and we all did guarantees in May. We all got the same cabin, or better with a substantial price reduction from what we had originally booked. Many of us booked on board last year. We cancelled that booking and then booked a guarantee. It worked out well for all of us. No one was upgraded but that's OK. We saved alot of money.

How much less per person was the balcony guarantee?

On average for a balcony cabin or a suite it was 700-1000 cheaper PP. I think that we all caught a great special because I notice that the guarantees were not the same price that we paid. .

I had been watching the price rise while we waited to confirm when we would be able to sail. It was almost at an unaffordable price when RCCL opened up the guarantee staterooms. We went that day. I believe we saved almost $3000 for 4 people in two staterooms. Right now on the same cruise it looks like about $250 per person difference between the least expensive and the guarantees.

I had been watching the price rise while we waited to confirm when we would be able to sail. It was almost at an unaffordable price when RCCL opened up the guarantee staterooms. We went that day. I believe we saved almost $3000 for 4 people in two staterooms. Right now on the same cruise it looks like about $250 per person difference between the least expensive and the guarantees.

I can confirm what Robinob said about the guarantees since we are on the same cruise. We also did extremely well. we had booked a specific cabin when we were on Voyager last summer and then when I noticed the price drop, I contacted my TA and she rebooked us on a guaarntee.

We went from an E2 balcony on the hump deck 7 to a D2 balcony near the forward centrum on deck 7 but saved over $1,600 for the room. Those savings and the $200 on board credit from booking on board last summer will go far in extending our vacation.

When we booked our Jewel of the Seas (Oct 31) cruise, the only balcony we could get was the guarantee, since I booked rather late. I checked my cruises at RCL and found that they have assigned us a cabin already. I didnt think they would do that before final payment, so I am happy to know what we got. I wonder if there is still a possibility of an upgrade in this situation.

Archived