shore excursion cancelled!

kevinsmom

Hi there,

i finally got through to NCL's customer service regarding my question about the miami fountainebleu hotel "cookies world" excursion and GUESS WHAT??...the woman tells me that she just rec'vd a memo this morning that they are cancelling this excursion for this season until further notice b/c apparently the hotel is too busy to let the cruise passengers come in as well! nonetheless, i am very dissappointed!! i was really looking foward to doing this, i thought it would be good b/c i have a todder. oh well! i am just letting everyone know who thought they were booked for this, make sure you confirm that!

I am scheduled for that excursion next week. I had read earlier in the week that it was cancelled last week because of construction at the hotel. I sent an e-mail to the hotel asking when it was to be completed, but I guess since I am not a paying hotel guest - I got no response. I guess we will look at the brocure and see if there is anything else that interests us, otherwise we can just stay on the boat. At least I can prepare the kids so they are not disapointed when we get on the boat.

I know it is a little "out there" as a solution, but why not book a room at the hotel for the day...I understand that it is a very expensive hotel, but maybe you can find a discount through something like hotels.com (I checked and most nights you can get a room for around $139) or cheap tickets.

It does look like a great place to take small children, but I would also check first and make sure that it is open, as another poster mentioned possible construction.

Patty

What I had read is that the construction that they are doing at the hotel is to the pool, and that was really the whole point of the excursion. We may just get off the boat and check out Miami. Otherwise, the pool on the boat will probably be pretty empty, we can stay and enjoy that!

We were supposed to go on that excursion last week on the Dawn but it was cancelled. I was happy because we stayed on the ship. It was way too hot to leave and walk around Miami with two kids and a husband in tow. The Dawn was empty and a found a nice lounge chair on the covered Promanade Deck (air conditioned to boot) and sat with my book all day. It was heavenly.

Leenie

Archived