Good News For Patrick Swayze Fans!!

CCotton5

I read last week in the Washington Post travel section that Patrick Swayze will be playing in "Guys & Dolls" for eight weeks at Picadilly Theatre in London from July 10th. We are flying into London for the TA in August on the QM2. I A crossing on the QM2 for our 35th anniversary and seeing Patrick Swayze too!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Have any of you met Patrick Swayze? I have had the displeasure; he came to our town to film a movie with Billy Bob Thornton (who, by the way, is a doll). My baby brother had a bit part in the film along with other children, and of course they were all starry eyed to meet Hollywood (past?) celebrities. Well, Swayze waltzes into the room, refusing to make eye contact with anyone, while his publicist stood behind him yelling "No one look at Mr. Swayze in the eye! Do not speak to him! He is too busy for you! No autographs!" etc, etc

Patrick, get a life; you may have been in the B list twenty years ago, but get over yourself!:p

Sorry, I have to have a morning rant, and this morning Patrick got it!

Have any of you met Patrick Swayze? I have had the displeasure; he came to our town to film a movie with Billy Bob Thornton (who, by the way, is a doll). My baby brother had a bit part in the film along with other children, and of course they were all starry eyed to meet Hollywood (past?) celebrities. Well, Swayze waltzes into the room, refusing to make eye contact with anyone, while his publicist stood behind him yelling "No one look at Mr. Swayze in the eye! Do not speak to him! He is too busy for you! No autographs!" etc, etc

Patrick, get a life; you may have been in the B list twenty years ago, but get over yourself!:p

Sorry, I have to have a morning rant, and this morning Patrick got it!

My sister used to work on a children's ward in a hospital. PS once visited the hospital on official business and, when asked nicely, refused to pop up to the ward to say hello to the sick children :confused:

So, I am not surprised to read of your experience, I guess he is just one of those 'stars' who forgets who put him there!

I'm sorry that I ever posted my enjoyment of planning to see Patrick Swayze in a musical. I was trying to interject some levity and excitement that I had for the actor. To each his own and I will keep my posts to a minimum from now on

I'm sorry that I ever posted my enjoyment of planning to see Patrick Swayze in a musical. I was trying to interject some levity and excitement that I had for the actor. To each his own and I will keep my posts to a minimum from now on

-------------------------------------------

You really do not need to take it personally! They are giving their opinions of Patrick Swayze, not YOU!

He's still alive?

I thought he only lived in our VHS cassette collection of 80's movies (movies, not films). I don't recall seeing him mentioned on the top 100 while aboard the QM2 but DW would still throw me out with the trash for him OR Mel Gibson.

No way we would leave London without seeing him if she had anything to say about it, attitude problem and all.

No no no CCotton! I didnt meant to cause any offense at all; I know I love people that others might find to be a turd (DBF, for one...just kidding :p

Please keep posting without regards to me CCotton; I'm silly anyhow

Archived