Pacific Sun photos - N618 - 9th June 2006

Brushtail

Hello everyone,

Pacific Sun photos - N618 - 9th June 2006

Well, I take my hat off to all those who have done the photo thing at Webshots. It has taken me most of the day to put up my photos.

I hope you enjoy them, we had a great time and took heaps more photos than those shown.

Just a quick update, our itinerary was to include Isle of Pines but the sea was too rough so we detoured to Noumea instead. The shops in Noumea were closed as it was Sunday.

There are a couple of photos of the roll of the ship which caused a bit of damage below decks. We were up on deck at the time and Phil took some photos of the bridge when the rolls happened.

Click on the link.......

http://community.webshots.com/user/Brushtail2?action=publicAlbums

Jenny :) :)

>^..^<

Great photo's!

Obviously you were at Pentecost on a weekday? We were there on a Sunday, so we didn't see the school, etc, and because Sunday is traditionally their day of rest - the locals didn't really do too much other than the land diving, and a bit of music around the landing jetty.

Just one thing - on the first page you've got a couple of photo's with the caption "Vila, closed on Sunday", but I think you might mean Noumea?? The photos look more like Noumea than Vila at any rate.

Kym

Thanks for that Kym. Much appreciated. It was indeed Noumea. I have gone in and changed it. I also corrected some spelling errors whilst I was there. :o

We were at Pentecoste on a Tuesday and the school was open. When you look at their classroom and then think what our school children have here............

>^..^<

Hi Brushtail,

Love the photos! My husband and I were on the same cruise and had a ball too. We were still asleep when the boat rolled, but not for long. Hanging upside down in bed is one of the weirdest feelings!!!

I was disappointed we missed Isle of Pines - I had chosen that cruise partly because we were to stop there. I had been there before and thought it was really beautiful. Never mind, I will just have save up for another cruise!!!

Thanks for sharing the photos

Carina

Hi Lolliepollie,

Sing along........."But I'm sad to say, we're on our way, it's the end of another cruise, my heart is down, my head is turning around, I have to leave a little ship called Pacific Sun......." :D

Rose was just lovely and has a great voice.

She says she hopes to join the Pacific Dawn. I'll keep a look-out for her.

>^..^<

Archived