For all you Miami Residents regarding Taxi and Traffic

nailz

Hey Miami Residents and/or Resent Cruiser departing and embarking in Miami, I once read on the boards that there was major highway construction taking place and getting from the airport was horrenduous. Can anyone tell me if this is still the case. Also, I read somewhere here on the boards the best taxi cab service to try and get. Can someone tell me if there is a particular preference and what the going might be? Personally, I will be willing to take the first one that pulls up, but wanted to check with my Cruising Experts first.

Ecstasy 8/2000

Imagination 07/2001

Sensation 07/2003

Carnival Triumph 07/16/2004

Hi,

I live in Miami at it seems like they are always doing some type of constuction. When we went on our cruise in April we had no problem getting to the pier. They are doing major construction at the pier and that is where we had of traffic problems. I assume you are flying into MIA. You should have no problem catching a cab there. The rates will be the same with all cab companies.

I don't think anywhere is immune to road construction these days. Come on up to Virginia and check out our ongoing transportation improvements. I think I will be dead and gone by the time it is all done. But anyway, when we sailed in April we had no problem getting in and out of Miami airport. Traffic in and around the port is always hectic so there isn't much you can do about that except show up at the last minute. I know you don't want to risk that.

Great!! We get in Miami around 10:30 or 11:00, so that should be plenty of time. Thanks all. Same here in NC, always have those orange barrells and cones out to welcome you onto slow moving traffic.

Archived