Has Anyone Ever Had Carnivals Non-Alcoholic Wine

nailz

As a gift , I sent to my newly married baby sister and her hubby a bottle of Carnivals Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Inglenook Wine since neither of them drink. However, when I called to place the order I was told it does contain at least 5% alcohol. Has anyone had a bottle of this wine? If you did, how did it taste and could you feel any effects from the alcohol. Not that I think 5% is much, but for non-drinkers you never know. Just curious as to how they might enjoy it.

Isn't regular wine 7% alcohol????? Not much difference.
If they don't drink, then 5% alcohol is too much. I'm not sure if the reason they don't drink is just because it's their choice or not, but if they don't drink because of addiction problems then cancel the order.

I think that is .05% . We had a bottle sent to us for our recent anniversary cruise. It was very good--not enough alcohol to impact me and I have a strong allergic reaction to alcohol. Go ahead and enjoy.

I purchased this locally and it was very good, tasted just like real/regular wine (seems it's made as a normal line, then the alcohol is removed) but no buzz.
I enjoyed it.
Lorna

Thanks Redryder75 and LornaT, I appreciate your response. I especially wanted comments based on prior knowledge from people who have had the product or is familiar with 5% alcohol contents.

Halos do you know for a fact that wine has 7% alcohol or not? Did you by chance look at a bottle of wine before commenting or was your response just off the top of your head. Because, I thought wine had at least 12% alcohol or more, but being that I am not sure of this fact, I avoided mentioning this. However, just for those who are curious, they do not have an " addition problem" , it's a personal choice. You are familiar with "personal choices". But, if you can get some facts for me from either having tried this product or know actual alcohol contents, I would greatly appreciate you responding again.

I have tried several Non Alcoholic Wines/Champagnes and most have 0.05% Alcohol Content. Ariel isn't bad, but I really didn't care for Inglenook personally. They won't feel a thing from the content- cough syrup would be worse :)

[quote name='pholter']I have tried several Non Alcoholic Wines/Champagnes and most have 0.05% Alcohol Content. Ariel isn't bad, but I really didn't care for Inglenook personally. They won't feel a thing from the content- cough syrup would be worse :)[/QUOTE]
Unless I am mistaken, by law, all beer and wine listed as "non-alcoholic" must contain less than .5% alcohol. The alcohol is removed by several different methods, depending on the vineyard/wine maker.

I have tried many different brands and varieties and my personal perference is Sutter Home's "Fre" line. I have not tried the specific brand you mentioned, but as a general rule, most non-alcoholic wines are very tasteful with absolutely no side or ill effects from the minimal alcohol content.

Regular wines, in general, have a alcohol content that ranges from around 8-9% up to
14-15%, depending on whether the wine is white or red and the varietal of the grape.

Hope this helps!!!

Archived