St. Martin Beach Rendezvous

lauren0309

You might want to look at it this way.

If the tour goes to Orient Beach, taxi fare (share ride with others) is about $6 per person each way. Beach lounge with umbrella and drink runs about $14. Nice lunch is <$10. Thus, if the tour is more than $36 you're throwing away money. If the tour doesn't go to Orient, it REALLY takes you to a very much lesser beach.

Hi:

My husband and I take this tour every time we go to St. Martin, which we've done about 5 times now. Beautiful beach, great food and it's our favorite tour at St. Martin. We always get the chicken (food is excellent) but I believe the other two choices are fish and ribs. Again, not real sure of the other two selections as we only get the chicken.

Hope this helps.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10

We love this tour too, and have done it several times. Yes, the choices are chicken, fish, and ribs. We get the chicken and it is delicious! The beach is quite beautiful, and it is nice to have the chairs included. If I remember correctly, we did have to pay a few dollars for the umbrella.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi:

My husband and I take this tour every time we go to St. Martin, which we've done about 5 times now. Beautiful beach, great food and it's our favorite tour at St. Martin. We always get the chicken (food is excellent) but I believe the other two choices are fish and ribs. Again, not real sure of the other two selections as we only get the chicken.

Hope this helps.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10

Can you please tell me how much time you have of actual beach time? We want to spend most of our time on the beach but it would be nice to see some of the island as well. Not sure what to do....on our own or a tour?

This is an excellent excursion. We also do it every time we go. We are quite capable of doing this on our own and could do it a little cheaper, but this is no hassles, no decisions....except for which entree to get and what adult beverage to get. You do see a little of both sides of the island and get a little history thrown in. I would say you have around 3 hours of actual beach time. Parasailing is great here. You are also dropped off in town (if you want) and can do a little shopping before you go back to the ship. It works for us!

HappyWhileWaiting-

Go to excursions on Royal Caribbean website and put in your reservation number to see if this tour is offered for your ship. I'm taking Adventure and its offered for that ship so I don't see why it shouldnt be offered for Serenade but you can check.

I dont know if there are any stops to take pictures. I know there is a little tour of both sides of the island but I dont know about pictures. Maybe someone else that has already been on this excursion can answer your question.

No....they do not stop to take pictures. They give some good historical background, usually, and the ride takes no more than 30 minutes. There really isn't a whole lot to take pictures of on the trip out there, but there is plenty to photograph once you get there.

Archived