E-Mail from Glory Tours

Flintstone

In response to Sunnibgi's post regarding the closing of Harrison's Caves, I sent off an e-mail to Glory tours, since I could find no mention of the closing on any of the websites. Here's what I got back..............

I don't know what this will mean for any of those currently booked....but given Sarah's prompt response to me..I am sure they will handle it situation well. I'm curious as how they will change their tours.

Deb

Thank you for contacting me :o) We where only given official word on Friday last week with 1 weeks notice. It is all quite ridiculous how they have dealt with the closure, but then again it is government run so I guess we can expect nothing more from them.

Our tour outlines will be changed from this afternoon so you may want to revisit our website sometime tonight or tomorrow :o)

Have a great day :o)

Best regards

Sarah

Hi everyone

I thought I would try to explain the situation with Harrison's cave a little more.

The Cave is owed and run by the Government. First word of the caves closing was that they where to close April 2005. They did not close at this time but it caused most of the ships to sell tours without the caves early in the winter season.

Up until this point they have bee very unclear on a exact date of closure or eve a approximate date of closure. It has bee both stressful for Cave employees, managers, tour companies local and internet as well as visitors to the Island.

Being that the caves are owned by government and allot of money will be spent on the facilities. The clearance had to be done by parliament. To make things short that process can be log and hard. I would suppose because the cricket world cup is being held in Barbados next year and the Government has allot on there hands. It is just unfortunate for all involved how the matter has bee dealt with.

They expect the caves to re-open for the world cup next year and close again opening back for winter season 2007

I will be changing the tours on the site today.:) The one I know most of you will want to know about is Best of Barbados. We will replace Harrison's Cave with Orchid World and the price will drop slightly because of the attraction cost is a bit less. Orchid World is a fantastic garden and I am sure that it will complement the rest of the tour nicely.

Customers who have already booked tours will be contacted within the next week ad give several options.

We at Glory Tours will do everything we can to Handel this development I the best way for our customers and friends:) :D

Have a great day everyone and remember to smile and laugh sometimes in times like this it is the best thing to do :) God Bless

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Sarah!

Thanks for the heads up!!! We had not heard anything, and when I did I was bummed! We were sooooo looking forward to the caves. But, when the government of any place finally gets moving, there's usually no stopping it. Once again, thanks for explaining everything. I'll go check out our other options on your site, but still hope to see you (or will it be Ricky?) in September!

Cindi

Archived