Fall School Break for Camp Carnival

Modawg1991

This is to people who live in school districts that have a fall break…

We have a fall break in our local school system and we are taking our daughters on a cruise with us. One is age 2 and the other is 6 (first grader) and I am wondering if there will be any children for my six year old to play with in camp carnival on an October cruise. With the 2YR I won’t worry as much since there are usually a lot of toddlers on any cruise. But, I am not so sure about my older daughter. Since the fall break is rare for Georgians (our school district is the only one that I know), do other people in other parts of the country have fall breaks and cruise? Please let me know because my daughter loves to make friends wherever she goes and want her first cruise to be a great one. We are cruising the week of October 8th.

Thanks!

We cruised last year (DH & I) in Oct. and there were quite a few kids on board. Not nearly as many as, I'm sure, there are during summer break or spring break. We will be cruising this year during our Fall break, but it is not until 10/23. Fall break is common in north east Tn. The school districts here start back the first week of August and have a break in Oct. (or they are year round schools).

We, too, have cruised in October and there were other school age kids for ours to meet and play with. As posted above, not as many as holiday or spring/summer breaks. Many schools are year round and take a fall break now, but our DD made a friend with a girl from England (many from there take fall holidays in the States). Camp Carnival will help them meet=-- have a great family cruise.

bill

We sailed the Mex Riv mid Feb, and I was surprised about the amount of kids on this cruise. Some were doing homework in the buffet daily. Also, many kids from Canada, and also Europe. I think there should be plenty of kids. We are dealing with the same thing, cruising Sept 3, first week of school here, I am taking my 15 year old son and 12 year old nephew. Was wondering how many kids there might be then.

We have has fall breaks for about 4 years now and each year we see more and more kids, it's getting to be more common for alot of states. Last year we crusied and are booked again for this year, our daughter had plently of kids her age to play with. we didn't use Camp Carnival alot but when we did she didn't complain and she is s complainer!! I think you will be safe. We cruise are you doing?

There always seems to be younger kids aboard any time of year! A lot of fall breaks are Thanksgiving week in GA (Cobb co is NOT one! :mad: ) I've read that some Texas school system have a harvest festival (or something like that) in the fall. I Googled "fall break" and found an Arizona and Kentucky schools with fall breaks in October.

In a way, the fewer kids the better. They will get more one on one time with the camp counsulors! :)

Have fun cruzin'

Jacquelyn :D

Check out the roll call for your cruise, you'll meet others on your trip, and find out if any have children. But remember, only 2% (or is it only 1%?) of all cruisers are CC members, so if only a couple people tell you they have 5-7 year olds, there will actually be many more.

This will probably be our last Fall Break in Plano, TX, so we've booked the October 1 Conquest sailing. Since two of our kiddos are in college, just the baby is coming with us. Oh yeah, our baby is 15 and in High School. Looking forward to a Hurricane-free cruise.

Last year I was on the Elation leaving port as Dennis was pounding the Florida coast, and got to see Cozumel just three days before Emily pounded them. Of course we had beautiful weather for the entire week.

We are booked for our fall break in oct, and we are from Arizona.

The funny of it all is we are buying a house in another district that is year round, so all of our planning to take a cruise on break, and we will still have to pull them out.

We have has fall breaks for about 4 years now and each year we see more and more kids, it's getting to be more common for alot of states. Last year we crusied and are booked again for this year, our daughter had plently of kids her age to play with. we didn't use Camp Carnival alot but when we did she didn't complain and she is s complainer!! I think you will be safe. We cruise are you doing?

Josie, In respons to your question: We are going on the Inspiration on October 9th. This is our second Inspiration cruise. The wife and I went April 2005.

I am not even sure where the Inspiration leaves from. Tampa??? I am from Central florida and we have fall break the first week in October and a couple other counties have the second week. I think your little will not be without friends:)

We are in Cherokee county Georgia and we also have a fall break but it is the week of September 17. Last year we were on the Miracle at the same time and there were kids from our school district there, home schoolers, year round school kids and assorted others from around the country. I'm sure it was not nearly as many as there would be during summer and spring breaks but still some to play and have fun with.

My school district has fall break as well. Many of the kids at my school are going on a cruise, but that is at high school level. I am going on a cruise as well during our fall break which is a week earlier then yours. I think it's the only county in the area to have fall break. Last year I went on a cruise in November and there were not very many kids. More younger one then my age at least.

We live in Maryland and like some other school districts there are alot of days off in October for mid-semester teacher conferences and planning days ... so we're making our own Fall Break. We just suprised the kids (ages 16, 11, and 2-1/2) and told them we're taking them to the Bahamas on the Victory in October. (They'll only miss 2 days of school!) Their first cruise, our first time on Carnival. Here's hoping all of our kids have an awesome first time at sea. (And that this Mom can relax and let her little one enjoy a little time in Camp Carnival without too much separation anxiety!)

Archived