No shorts in the Windjammer at dinner

You know Caviargirl has been so kind to me over the time she's been on the boards. We don't always see eye to eye, but no one ever does. She did not deserve the negative post. I was a travel agent for years and if you think it's all free trips, or in some cases any free trips and fun you're wrong. Actually CG does corporate incentive travel and the hand holding in that field can be akin to herding cats!

You know Caviargirl has been so kind to me over the time she's been on the boards. We don't always see eye to eye, but no one ever does. She did not deserve the negative post. I was a travel agent for years and if you think it's all free trips, or in some cases any free trips and fun you're wrong. Actually CG does corporate incentive travel and the hand holding in that field can be akin to herding cats!

Nliedel, thank you for the kind words.:)

I choose not to respond to 36kruzes constant verbal attacks as it is simply not worth it.

Guest cvbart
Wanting people to follow the attire guidelines DOES NOT TRANSLATE TO "looking down your nose on the hoi polloi."

If you consistently shopped at a certain store, and over time, the store went downhill (not clean, rude workers, bad quality products) and if you stopped working there because of the decline, would you be "looking down your nose on the hoi polloi"?

Just because someone has their own requirements for what they think is acceptable, and just because those requirements may differ from yours does not mean they are looking down, just the same as someone who thinks the store you may have stopped shopping at is just fine.

I think what your saying is, if you don't like the way people dress on a RCCL cruise then they should find another cruise line.

I think the people who make the most noice about dress and enforcing the rules tend to be folks who have cruised fo a long time.

I think thay might not like the fact that cruising has become cheeper and more mainstream. Does that make you a snob. I don't know.

I'm sure that does not apply to everyone who cruises a lot but this I know.

Most the dress and rule enforcement stuff on the boards have nothing to do with the feelings of most cruises. Most are quite happy with RCCL.

Some people just want to complain and find fault.

I think what your saying is, if you don't like the way people dress on a RCCL cruise then they should find another cruise line.

I think the people who make the most noice about dress and enforcing the rules tend to be folks who have cruised fo a long time.

I think thay might not like the fact that cruising has become cheeper and more mainstream. Does that make you a snob. I don't know.

I'm sure that does not apply to everyone who cruises a lot but this I know.

Most the dress and rule enforcement stuff on the boards have nothing to do with the feelings of most cruises. Most are quite happy with RCCL.

Some people just want to complain and find fault.

Many folks resist change (in anything) as they clamor for the way we were times.

I admit it, and I'm not ashamed to admit it, I'm one that doesn't get it. I don't get what someone else wears will cause me to enjoy my cruise less.

Nope I don't get it.

By the way, what was the original question in this thread? ;)

Guest cvbart
Just got back from a Jewel cruise. Found an interesting note in the Cruise Compass everyday. It said "Please note that bare feet, tank tops and shorts are not permitted in the Windjammer Cafe at dinner". So now where do you eat if you want to wear shorts, room service?

This is the OP's question.

Did we stray off topic a bit:)

My feelings on all of this are actually very mixed. This discussion has two sides to it and it seems everyone could be satisfied if RCCL held fast on formal nights and kept it relaxed on all the others.

Personally, I just love formal night. I don't go all out formal... no tux or anything like that (except this year I might rent one for the Windjammer :) ). Just a nice suit. In my eyes, it seems a little cheapened when someone comes to formal night horribly underdressed. Does it ruin my evening? No, it doesn't. But I do understand the sentiment. Part of what makes formal so special is that everyone is formal. It's an event.

Has RCCL allowed everyone more leeway in an attempt to be more mainstream? I suppose that's what has happened. But couldn't they maintain the formality of formal night and just steer those underdressed to Windjammer on those nights only? And let the other nights be more of a free-for-all (which they pretty much are now)?

Whatever it is RCCL does, it really doesn't make or break my cruise. But if it does effect some, it seems it there should be some room for making those folks happy too. It's everyone's cruise and we all pay a lot to go on it, so why can't there be a way to make everyone happy?

Archived