Duty Free Shop Carnival Victory 5day cruise to canada

Hi,:)

Could anyone who has recently cruised on the Victory to Canada, tell me what the Duty Free Shop on the ship is like.

My only experience with Cruise Ship Duty Free Shops has been on NCL, where I developed an addiction to $10 watches. I know that it's only a 5 nighter but does Carnival sell duty free liquor ?

Thanks for your help.

Synet165

NCL Star Alaska June 2005

NCL Dawn April 16, 2006

Carnival Victory Aug. 12, 2006

I just sailed on the Victory on 6/22. I really didn't see any great bargains in the Duty Free Shop except for the cigarettes and alcohol. I don't smoke but my aunt does, and she said the cigarettes were really cheap (like half as much as normal). The ship has a huge section of duty free alcohol. I don't drink either but the prices looked reasonalbe and that section was always really crowded. Hope that helps. BTW, the cruise ship itself was very clean, the food was great, and the shows were pretty good. The only thing that wasn't so good was the weather and the kids in the hot tubs.

Archived