Anyone on the Dec 16th Windstar sailing?

KatWag

• 1 month later...

This will be our 3rd Windstar cruise but first cruise to Costa Rica this Dec. 16th. It has been about 5 years since our last cruise (only cruised with Windstar). We are looking forward to the adventure!

Still haven't figured out which way to do the tranfer from San Hose to the dock. Have you heard of any other ways besides going through windstar's transportation?:cool:

Hey , Thanks for the transfer name and suggestion. We like to not do touristy things so traveling in a full van to the dock didn't sound too great.

Any other advice you can give as far as weather and what excursions to take or avoid? Thanks!

In San Juan del Sur, the full day tour was highly regarded. We took the half-day and wish we had gone the long route. The full day includes the volcano, craft market and lunch, while the half goes just to Granada and back.

We did the zip line in Playa del Coco. I'm glad we did it, but I think I would now put ziplining in the "been-there, done-that" catagory. There is a reasonably priced internet cafe in this port, just follow the crew members, or ask around. The scuba excursion here was well-received.

Quepos, We rented some ATVs on our own and had a great time. I can probably dig up the name of the private guide if you're interested.

Drake Bay/Marenco, A beautiful beach in the jungle with a wet landing. Visited the little beach bar and had a couple of cold brews. The monkeys living here are cute, and macaws are often sited. Its very remote. The dive was cancelled both on our stop and previous due to high seas to the island where the diving is supposed to be fabulous. Hikers reported being very hot-its a jungle out there.

There are a couple of good reviews on this site if you shop around. Otherwise, I could try to answer your questions.

Beth

Thanks for the great suggestions, Pudgesmom. I've copied and pasted into Word.

Raptor - we'll look forward to meeting you. I'm going to look to see what our TA set up for the transfers. We booked a few months ago and it all seemed so far away that I didn't pay a lot of attention. I'll check it out and get back to you.

I think we're also at the Marriott. Like you, we're going early. I hate the thought of a late flight and missing any ship time. This will be our first Windstar cruise and we're really excited about it.

Look for a review that LeeAnn did a few months ago - she and her husband did this trip back in December, I think. She's a freelance writer and does a terrific review.

Kathy

Archived