Boatyard

heid5

• 2 weeks later...
Hope this gives u an idea of the water at the Boatyard. You can also see the water toys, trampoline and rock climbing float. :) Click on attachment Bdos Vac below. hmmm wonder if this will work?!?!?:o

My God look at that water cant wait to get there....thanks for sharing it.

linda

We were on the 10/19 Spirit sailing and visited the Boatyard. We took a cab from the port. The cost was $3 per person one way. The Boatyard charges a $15 per person entrance fee. This includes a lounge chair, one drink, two water trampolines, a floating "iceberg" climb and slide, a rope swing, (open during high tide, I think it opened at 1pm the day we were there), rest rooms/shower area, and transportation back to the ship. They also have a restaurant and gift shop/beach store on site. The staff was polite and friendly. They told us if we needed anything to ask anyone wearing a "Boatyard" shirt. There were people on the beach trying to sell necklaces, scarves, etc. They were not a bother. Once you told them sorry, not interested, they left. The staff was walking around taking drink orders and picking up empty glasses. There is also a water sports rental area. My husband and 9 year old rented a jet ski for 1/2 an hour. They had a total blast. My son could not wait to get back on board and tell his older brother what he missed and "rub" it in. The day we went there were not that many people there. The "toys" only had a few people on them and the line for the swing was short. I think it helped that the Spirit was the only ship in port. I think during the day the Boatyard is family oriented and at night it is more of the club scene. We thought the drinks were reasonable. I think the bottled beer was $3 and the alcoholic fruit drinks were 6$, but don't quote me on that. My advice would be try it. We thought this was one of most relaxing and fun days we had at the beach.

4cruising

Thanks for the review. We are going in Jan and planned on going to the

boatyard so this was helpful. My husband is interested in renting a jet ski

well we are there. Could you please tell me how much it cost for your husband and son to rent the jet ski for the 1/2 hour.

Thank you

Joanne

The cost for the jet ski was $40.00 for a 1/2 hour. Originally we were told $50, the water sports rental employee was there when we arrived at the entrance booth. He told us to see him and he could do it for $40. Good Luck. I hope you get a deal.

We were on the 10/19 Spirit sailing and visited the Boatyard. We took a cab from the port. The cost was $3 per person one way. The Boatyard charges a $15 per person entrance fee. This includes a lounge chair, one drink, two water trampolines, a floating "iceberg" climb and slide, a rope swing, (open during high tide, I think it opened at 1pm the day we were there), rest rooms/shower area, and transportation back to the ship. They also have a restaurant and gift shop/beach store on site. The staff was polite and friendly. They told us if we needed anything to ask anyone wearing a "Boatyard" shirt. There were people on the beach trying to sell necklaces, scarves, etc. They were not a bother. Once you told them sorry, not interested, they left. The staff was walking around taking drink orders and picking up empty glasses. There is also a water sports rental area. My husband and 9 year old rented a jet ski for 1/2 an hour. They had a total blast. My son could not wait to get back on board and tell his older brother what he missed and "rub" it in. The day we went there were not that many people there. The "toys" only had a few people on them and the line for the swing was short. I think it helped that the Spirit was the only ship in port. I think during the day the Boatyard is family oriented and at night it is more of the club scene. We thought the drinks were reasonable. I think the bottled beer was $3 and the alcoholic fruit drinks were 6$, but don't quote me on that. My advice would be try it. We thought this was one of most relaxing and fun days we had at the beach.

Could you tell me if they charge $ 15 for 6 year old child as well?

That picture looks real good! We went to the beach bar next door and everything was less expensive. We didn't want to go on the toys or ice berg, so we didn't need that. It's lovely there, just remember to go back to the ship for lunch.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, just thought I'd post my reply I got from Tricia at the Boathouse. I asked her about cost for children under 3 and about whether it is suitable for families and about transportation to and from the Pier:

Thanks for your email, here at the Boatyard during the day we are a family oriented facility offering a daily beach package. The cost is 15us dollars per person whether child or adult. This includes a Beach Chair, one Cocktail (non-alcoholic or alcoholic), use of our Ocean Trampolines, a Rope Swing, an Iceberg Slide, Restrooms, Showers, the Bar and Restaurant. We also offer Motorised Watersports for rental.

It also includes free shuttle back to the pier, starting from 1pm and going every 15 minutes, till half an hour before the time you are to be back onboard your ship.

We are about 7-10 minutes drive from the cruise terminal by taxi, dependent on traffic and the cost of the taxi is 3us per person. We open around 9.30am and reservations are not required.

Feel free to email us with any other questions, and we look forward to seeing you.

Regards,

Tricia

• 2 weeks later...

Well after being offered an island tour for $100 from a pier side taxi driver, we decided to take our own 'by foot tour'. We had seen the sandy beach in the distance from the ship and followed the sidewalks in that general direction. We went through a nice park, along some dock areas, past the town center with interesting gov't buildings, and finally through an arch which led into an area which looked rather run down. Then I spotted the Boatyard and remember the name and deal from this site. It sure doesn't look like much from the street side. But, we were getting tired and decided to check it out. Beach is very nice. So for $15/pp we got 2drinks/2chairs and a ride back to the ship. We sprung for the umbrella ($2 extra). We also were able to get a glass bottom boat tour to a nearby shipwreck and do some snorkling for another $10/pp (another guy on the beach wanted $25/pp). Not sure what they charge, but jet ski's were also available adjacent to the Boatyard. Also saw horse rides being provided at unknown cost along the beach by some locals. Basically alot to do and not a bad price.

BTW: About a quarter mile before you get to the Boatyard is an alley leading to the same beach area. No chairs - NO umbrellas -- No drinks -- No changing area/restrooms/showers -- just free access to the same sandy beach.

We will be spending our day at the Boatyard and would like to know if you enjoyed the glass bottom boat. $10 seems very reasonable for that. Was the company at the Boatyard that you took it through or another vendor? Were you able to see well through the glass or only if you went snorkeling? My daughters would love to see the sea life, but are too young to snorkel. Thanks for any help.

We will be spending our day at the Boatyard and would like to know if you enjoyed the glass bottom boat. $10 seems very reasonable for that. Was the company at the Boatyard that you took it through or another vendor? Were you able to see well through the glass or only if you went snorkeling? My daughters would love to see the sea life, but are too young to snorkel. Thanks for any help.
We enjoyed our glass bottom boat ride and it was worth the $10/pp to us. The 'glass bottom' boat wasn't exactly what I expected. There are 2 small viewing areas toward the front (vice an entire glass bottom). The glass could have been clearer and a storm the day before left small particulates in the water further reducing visiability. We could see fish and the ship wreck through the glass and even from the side of the boat, but snorkling gave a much better view imho. The guy brought moldy buns and broke them up for the many fish coming to feed. Gave us some to hand feed the fish which seem quite accustomed to being fed. He had snorkle gear for those who needed it ( I had my own, but DW and the UK couple used his). Since we asked when we arrived, the nice Boatyard lady referred us to him. There seemed to be multiple vendors roaming the beach (one offering $25/pp vice the $10/pp associated with the Boatyard guy).

Archived