Bermuda in summer 2005

went to rccl website and all info re Bermuda cruises from NJ end in 2004. From what i can determine, the ship Empress of the Seas (we sailed on it in CA when it was just Nordic Empress many years ago!) moves to San Juan in October.

Anyone know when we can find info re summer 2005 cruises to Bermuda on this ship? And can anyone tell us if the sail over is rough?

I am one of those obsessive planners--got to have something to keep me going while I work to save up the money for the next cruise. Asked my husband this afternoon "where would you like to go next year?" and his response was "anywhere on a ship!"

Thanks!

Vanessa (just off the Mariner 6/27)

The Empress being our favorite ship, this fourth and final cruise for us coming up will make debarkation a real sad ocassion or us. They say he Voyager will have some sailings to Bermuda, but are they going to replace the current weekly sailing itinerary with another ship next year?

We sailed both Bermuda & Carribbean & the Bermuda route was much rougher. FRom talking to the crew, the feedback I got was that Bermuda tends to be a lot rougher than Carribbean. When we sailed home from Bermuda we had 12 foot waves coming home, it made me so sick. One of the front desk consigerge told me how what we were experiencing was nothing, two weeks before they had 30 foot waves!! Passengers we calling the front desk asking the captain to turn back! They had many people sleeping in the lobby since that's the most midship. Out of all of my friends who cruise, the ones who got sick or had really rough weather were either on a Bermuda cruise or Carribbean with a hurricane in the vicinity.

I too am a big fan of the Nordic Empress itinerary to Bermuda. I can't see how 1 night in Bermuda will do it justice. It is too beautiful of a place to be there for such a short time. I hope RCCL is going to put another ship there for the weekly itinerary.

Archived