How crowded will it be?

cruisinmon

How crowded will it be?
Very, especially in Georgetown. Traffic will be bad too, so plan on extra time to get back to the tender if you are at the far end of 7 mile beach or Turtle farm.

With 6 ships in port at the same time, is it worth walking around town, going to a beach or doing a shore excursion? I am debating as to staying on ship vs. toughing it out with the crowds. Most of the ships in port that day are huge. Whats your opinion?

With 6 ships in port at the same time, is it worth walking around town, going to a beach or doing a shore excursion? I am debating as to staying on ship vs. toughing it out with the crowds. Most of the ships in port that day are huge. Whats your opinion?

I would still go in to port. If you want to take an excursion, do it! I would never miss the opportunity to visit a new island.

Just ignore all of the other people and enjoy!

Tough out the crowds!!

That's what I'd do. We were there for a week this past January, and on a couple of days there were NINE ships in port. The place was a madhouse!! That said...I'd still get off and wander around. If there was something I really wanted to do, I'd book it ahead of time. We made the mistake of not booking the submarine ahead of time, and we didn't get to do it while we were there. We also jumped in our car and headed to the other side of the island, or stayed on the beach in front of our condo on those really busy port days. Only once did we drive through George Town and the port area (while all the ships were in). Lots and lots of people walking around.

We did do stingray sandbar on a day that there were no ships in port and we were the only boat there! It was awesome! :)

Have a wonderful time...even busy Grand Cayman is a lovely place to visit! :)

Six ships is a total disaster. I stayed on board and enjoyed the ship. I talked to a couple of people that said the town was a mob scene and they didn't stay long.

I would still go in to port. If you want to take an excursion, do it! I would never miss the opportunity to visit a new island.

Just ignore all of the other people and enjoy!

I usually just shop there and have my favorite stores, plus. Go in early as you can & just do a quickie if you are shopping.

I have also done the Island tour and the air plane tour - both great. Kids loved the Wreck & reef snorkle & the stingrays -- think I would pick a tour that goes out at 8am & was pretty short (snorkle on is right in the bay & 2 hours - popular, too). Then do a little shopping & head back to ship for lunch - beat the heat & crowds. Most take a longer tour & then jam the town to shop.

Have fun & do get off the ship. Let us know what you find.

Did you do an excursion on Grand Cayman when you were there last December? How was the weather and water temperature when you were there? We will be there on 12/6/06 on the Inspiration 5 night to Cayman Island and Cozumel.

Thanks.

DeBeCruiser

4/3/06 First Cruise - Celebration - 5 night Bahamas

12/4/06 Bingo Winner Cruise - Inspiration - 5 night Western

We used Soto's to do the stingray sandbar and a stop at Coral Gardens to snorkel. They were great. The weather was wonderful. Water was a little cool, not too cold.

In September I think we'll do the Nativeways Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour. I just hope the hurricanes and tropical storms cooperate. :rolleyes:

Archived