Has anyone gone on the Amadeus Tolstoy in Russia?

Benita

Friends of ours booked the Russian Waterways on the Tolstoy ending in St. Petersburg and they loved it, judging from all the exclamations points decorating the postcard they sent from St. P (snail mail is slow). Food (desserts and more desserts), sights, ship staff, etc., were great. Apparently theTolstoy was used for VIPs, so they've been joking that they stayed in the suite used by Gorbychov! (What, did they find his initials carved in a closet?)

We haven't heard more from them as they are traveling in Scandanavia before coming back home. I am curious to hear more as this cruise sounds really interesting, being off the usual path. I'll encourage them to post a critique, I know they were very happy with the cruise price before they left and will ask them to tell how they got a great deal.

WBY--Thanks for sharing the info from your friends. Would love to hear more about it when they return. I'm in a party booked on the Tolstoy on the Moscow-St. Pete route in late August. Like Benita, we'd appreciate a review and/or any insights from those who have gone this year. Esp. from anyone who has gone with Brendan vacations. Thanks!

Will do - just got another postcard from St. Petersburg from them yesterday. Apparently river cruising with all the inclusives and the travel conveniences is an incredible deal given the high cost of hotel and restaurant prices charged in St. Pete! They said they will send the UET staff (they booked on line with www.uet.com) a present for getting them such a great deal on the cruise (hopefully not Russian chocolate).

I'll ask them for more details, or better yet, get them to contribute to this board.

:)

Archived