HELP! Transportation in Miami

Tanker

Has anyone used a limo service that provided a car seat in Miami? We have 5 adults and a 2 yr old going on a family reunion and I have everything planned but how to get to and from the airport to the cruise ship! We really don't want to lug a car seat just for that short trip and have decided a limo will probably be the best but which one? i've read that Larry's limo do not provide car seats. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Tanker

Hi,

I did some research in the spring for our last trip, and found that the only limo services with carseats were in Orlando. Everything that I looked into in south florida had no carseats, and when I phoned some, none could recommend any service that did have carseats.

With the 2 year old, my best advice (my kids are 3 and 6) would be to belt them in the middle back seat between two adults and hang on. What kind of limo are you getting to seat 6 plus driver? If its a shuttle bus or van type vehicle, there may not be belts anyways and you'll just have to brace yourself and hold the child. (been there done that!!:D )

Plus, most likely there will not be any seatbelts on the shore excursion vehicles so you won't need the carseat on the cruise (there are tons of threads on this here - read back a few months to find them).

Good luck. Adding kids to the vacation mix is always a challenge!!!

We used a town car service in Florida called "Florida Town Car Service" but they were in Orlando. I do remember them asking if we needed car seats.

And yes, the pp was right about the shuttle....you actually aren't allowed to use car seats on the shuttles or excursion buses. I've been asked to put them underneath for storage everytime we've attempted to use them.

Archived