Gate 1

Marski

Has anyone used Gate1? My husband and I are taking a Danube River cruise next March. We will be sailing on MS Johann Strauss for 11 days. The only other cruising we have done is on Celebrity. We have taken 13 ocean cruises and we are wondering about this new experience.

Marski:rolleyes:

I used Gate-1 to book an Avalon Cruise last year. Used their air and transfers also. Their transfers are arranged with private car co's , and are not affiliated with cruise company. Upon arrival in Budapest we found our luggage did not make our flight from Frankfort, so needed to fill out forms for luggage transfer when it came in on the next flight. During that time the transfer driver, who was supposed to meet us, paniced and left the airport. The Avalon Watwerways people remembered someone holding a sign with our name on it and that he left. They checked with the cruise director and we were allowed to transfer with Avalon at no cost. The transfer to the airport in Amsterdam was also provided by Gate-1 , but the reservation was confirmed by our cruise director and went off without a hitch Other than that glitch it was the best vacation we have taken. And we have booked with Avalon for theit October sailing on the Rhine and Mosel.

Archived