Surfing Lessons on Oahu

Sheila1

Hi all,

I would like to find some surfing lessons for my boyfriend. I have the web page for Waikiki Beach Services advertising lessons but the pictures show families, kids and people of more mature years (hope that is politically correct '-')

My bf is 28 and is quite athletic so I was looking for a place that would cater more to our age group and that would be more advanced and less "touristy".

It does not have to be on Waikiki beach if there is another beach on Oahu that might be more appropriate for what I am looking for.

Thanks for your help!

Hi all,

I would like to find some surfing lessons for my boyfriend. I have the web page for Waikiki Beach Services advertising lessons but the pictures show families, kids and people of more mature years (hope that is politically correct '-')

My bf is 28 and is quite athletic so I was looking for a place that would cater more to our age group and that would be more advanced and less "touristy".

It does not have to be on Waikiki beach if there is another beach on Oahu that might be more appropriate for what I am looking for.

Thanks for your help!

There are soooo many really decent schools on Oahu. To make a recommendation, time of year makes a difference. You do NOT want to try learning to surf on the North Shore during the winter. The waves are just tooo big for beginners.

Honolulu Fire dept personnel run a surf school around Wakiki, Hans Hedeman runs a surf school in Wakiki. If you just walk to the beach across from Ft. deRussey, surf lessons are available, as well as windsurfing, those giant ocean bicycles, etc. Sunset Suzy, on the North Shore, has private and group lessons. Average price for private/semi private-about $90.00 per hour. Group lessons are cheaper.

Hi all,

Thanks for your help!

I went with my firneds who took lessons with the (cute:) ) Hawaiian Firemen, they teach out at Barber Point (on the way to Ko'olina) no crowds you are the only people there and you can get adults only lessons. Very good and who else to rescue you than firemen!!:D there website is hawaiianfire.com.

Archived