Halifax lighthouses

Minybear

My husband wants to see the Titanic and I want to see the lighthouses on Halifax. We know where the Titanic Museum is no problem (just along the Boardwalk) but I want to see the lighthouses. The excursions on RCI doesnt have a short excursion for just the lighthouses. Can anyone suggest how we can see the lighthouses on our own?

Thanks.

Minybear

Hi Minybear, I'm from Halifax and as far as I know there are no lighthouses right in Halifax. You may pass George's Island when you dock and there is a lighthouse on the island, but I'm not sure if you can get on the island. You could check at Historic Properties (the boardwalk). The closest lighthouse would be at Peggy's Cove. It doubles as a post office and you can go inside. Peggy's Cove is about a 45 minute drive from Halifax. The ship probably offers excursions to Peggy's Cove-- it really is a wonderful spot.

Hi Minybear, I'm from Halifax and as far as I know there are no lighthouses right in Halifax. You may pass George's Island when you dock and there is a lighthouse on the island, but I'm not sure if you can get on the island. You could check at Historic Properties (the boardwalk). The closest lighthouse would be at Peggy's Cove. It doubles as a post office and you can go inside. Peggy's Cove is about a 45 minute drive from Halifax. The ship probably offers excursions to Peggy's Cove-- it really is a wonderful spot.

Thanks LTC for your quick reply. I saw Peggy's cove and want to do that but my husband is bound and determined he is going to see the Titanic. I have loved lighthouses for quite a while. I do see an excursion that goes to Peggy's cove and it takes the Lighthouse Route along the Atlantic shore (Twin Coves). I want to do this excursion but its 6 1/2 hrs and we are only in port for 8 and we dont want to miss the boat trying to see the Titanic.

Oh well worth a try.

Thanks again.

Minybear

Archived