ncl dawn with kids

laura215

we are looking into the Dawn in the room will be me, my husband and my 4 year old and 7 month old children. Should we do two connecting inside rooms or a minisuite or should we try to see if we can afford 2 balconey or ov rooms?

For you i think that a mini-suite would be best, personally i dont know if your children are old enough to handel thier own room even if they connect, those 6 feet could be miles for children in the middle of a nightmare or if your DH stayed in one room with one kid and you in another with the other kid....you too wouldnt have any "quality" time.....and that wouldnt be too much fun would it?;)

I'd also suggest the minisuite. Your kids are probably too young to be in their own cabin, and pricewise the minisuite will work out much cheaper.. with two cabins youd be stuck paying for two full priced passengers in each room.. with the minisuite you'd pay two full priced tickets, one third passenger ticket and just port fees/taxes for the baby.

Hello. We just booked a minisuite on the Dawn with our 3 1/2 year old and 10 month old. I was told it would accomodate all of us. We looked into getting 2 cabins but didn't feel safe putting the kids alone or being in separate rooms from eachother! I think the minisuite would be your best option. What sailing are you going on?

Hello. We just booked a minisuite on the Dawn with our 3 1/2 year old and 10 month old. I was told it would accomodate all of us. We looked into getting 2 cabins but didn't feel safe putting the kids alone or being in separate rooms from eachother! I think the minisuite would be your best option. What sailing are you going on?

Thanks for the reply we are looking at going either in April or May. How about you?

I didn't think of it like that just a little nervouse about 4 of us in a room.

it will be a tight fit with a crib etc....think mini's are about 4 feet longer but you might feel better with everyone in the same room....but with connecting doors and left open you'd still only be a few feet away....tough call since I have been on the Dawn....we had a balcony room and it was tight even for the 2 of us...one way traffic around the bed etc:) good luck and have a great cruise

We went on the Dawn last summer with our 2 kids: 2yo DD and 7 yo DS. We had originally booked the AF mini suite and felt it would be fine for the 4 of us. However, the upsell fairy visited and offered us the AB Penthouse for 25% of the cost. Naturally, we jumped on it. What difference!!!! The AB is a 2 bedroom suite with 2 baths, living area, dining area, and balcony. We loved it so much we booked it outright this time for next Summer. Depending on your budget, you might want to consider it. DD was still in a crib (well, ok Pack N Play). That was set up in the 2nd bedroom with our DS in the pullman bunk. They both loved it. And, we loved having some privacy, too ;) Pictures are in my signature.

You'll LOVE the Dawn. The crew will absolutely dote over your kids (not to mention you; but, then again, we parents don't exist anymore after children enter the family, right????)

Happy Sailing!!! :D

Archived