No Movie Theatre On Pacific Dawn

Skyrules

In response to an email we sent P&O Australia, we've been advised that the Princess Theatre, the movie theatre currently operationg on Regal Princess will be removed as a part of the conversion to Pacific Dawn, and the space will be used for crew storage space.

Now is that a backward step or what?? :eek:

Kym

That is ridiculous. It doesn't bother me as I'm no movie buff but DH is. Our cabin is right across from it too. Someone pointed out on here a while ago that the Regal was the last of the Princess fleet to have a designated cinema. I wonder why they no longer have them?:confused:

Karen

Regal Princess is (was) the last ship in the Princess fleet with a dedicated cinema.

Newer ships show movies either on the in-cabin TV, or in one of the show lounges.

I am guessing the bean counters at corporate headquarters decided that the space could be better used if it was producting some revenue!

Too bad - I did like like the movie theaters. Holland America still has them on most of their ships, and gives out complimentary hot buttered popcorn to passengers going to the movies!

Holland America still has them on most of their ships, and gives out complimentary hot buttered popcorn to passengers going to the movies!

Indeed they do - we know people who cruised on Prinsendam in 2004 and the popcorn was something they were really impressed with.

I hope if they are going to show movies in the show lounges on Pacific Dawn that they install a better projection system than they have on either Pacific Star or Pacific Sun.

Kym

We were on the Regal Princess all of January and we loved her movie theatre.

It was designed as a proper theatre and therefore everyone has a great view of the screen.

It will be a pity if it is scrapped as there are still a few of us out there who enjoy going to the movies whilst at sea.

We sail on HAL frequently and love going to the movies on her "S" and "R" ships. Her bigger Vista ships do not have a movie theatre as such.

Jennie

Archived