Woud you skip Napali tour for POH Napali Cruising?

TXLadyAngler

I am scheduled for a 4 hr. afternoon Napali Catamaran tour from the North shore later this month. I'm wondering if this will be worth it since the POH is also doing a Napali sail by the following day. Granted the POH will sail further from the coast but, the $$$ and time could probably be used elsewhere in Kauai.

Any ideas.

Thanks,

LadyAngler

Hiking the Napali Coast was the highlight of my last trip to Hawaii. I wouldn't miss it for the world, and while you will sail by it I doubt you will be able to get as close. Napali is breath taking, I'd say go for the shore excursion. I'll be on POAM in November and I'm renting a car so that I can hike in again. Love it.

We are also thinking of going hiking in Napali. Did you drive from Nawiliwili to Princeville or beyond? How long did the drive take? What was the hike like, lots of up and down, and how far did you go (or what were the start and end points)? Thanks in advance.

Greg

I would not miss the chance to see NaPali upclose. The tours - especially the rafts, get quite close and can go into caves. We saw alot of spinner dolphins and turtles right next to our raft. We've done two tours - one by zodiac and the other by sailboat (cat). They were two of my favorite all time tours. You can and do view the NaPali from the cruise ship - but I don't think it would be as close as a tour.

I posed a similar question as we are doing a NaPali boat tour (Capt. Andy's) and doing the helicopter and sailing past in the ship. The response I got was that I should keep all three as I would get different perspectives from each.

KML

Archived